GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
190 Posts
Not today but yesterday I:

Removed pair valve and fitted blanking plates and eliminator plug.
Fitted o2 eliminator plug.
Fitted Boosterplug.
Fitted EBC hh front pads
Fitted R&g micro aero led indicators
Fitted Metisse xpad racer crash pads and fork sliders.
Fitted r&g engine case sliders
Fitted Deneli mini soundbomb horn

Still to do:

Arrow headers when they turn up.
Fit exhaust servo eliminator.
Sort suspension.

· Registered
190 Posts
Very nice Gixxerkev! I am in the process of ordering my own. Keen to hear your thoughts on it compared to the stock unit while I eagerly await the arrival of mine.

Are you going to put the nitron fork inserts in as well?

I did 90 miles on it this morning and all feels good, rides the road a lot smoother. Think I may have to drop the damping a touch from the nitron settings but not until I have got a lot more miles on it. The front end does feel a bit rubbish now though so may have to do a lot more fiddling with that.

· Registered
190 Posts
Great to hear, GixxerKev! I got the quote back last night from my suspension guy for front and rear. Cheaper than an Ohlins setup and he rates the compressions adjuster system and response range higher than the Ohlins units.

I think both may be required. Ah well, it is only money! Would appreciate it if you share what you change as you continue to get a feel for the new setup. Enjoy!
Sorted the front end out now, went to 5 compression and 5 rebound and a fraction more preload at just under 2 1/2 grooves, far more stable and also after another 50 miles i think I'm happy with the shock at the settings sent from Nitron.

The bike is now feeling like it should at last!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts