GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
Did you fit the Ixil slip-on? I was considering it (for looks alone). Does it sound any different?
Not to my ears. Weighs less but only by about 500g. The exhaust was the only thing I didn't like the look of and I dont see slip on's making much difference on this bike. While I like the look once it was on it doesn't scream quality part. I still need to sort out a bolt for the heat shield bit (not really a heat shield). It looks like the want you to use the stock bolt but it doesn't fit. Not an important bolt mind you but it should have come with one. But its cheap, I like the look and its small enough that it doesn't need the rear pegs mounted.

· Registered
210 Posts
Got the bazzaz Z-Fi installed. Doing the healtech X-TRE now. Well REDOING the TRE lol. Stupid vampire clamps, knew I should have just stripped and soldered the connection. Going to drink some tea and watch telly for a bit before taking the tank off again and doing the wiring properly.

Not ridden it yet with the bazzaz unit. Had a look over the map though, wow. Many changes and as has been pointed out most of it reducing fuel not adding. There are some section where it adds fuel though.

Edit: then again it does bypass the oxygen sensor in the exhaust and replace it with a resistor so the fuel map would be in relation to whatever that value resistor is telling the ecu to adjust for. For all I know it could be telling it that its running rich all the time. Probably not worth drawing too many conclusions from the fuel map without a dyno and AFR map.

· Registered
210 Posts
Healtech X-TRE installed and working. Note for anyone who gets one make sure you get the supplemental instructions for our bike. The unit is the same for many bikes only the fitting instructions differ. If you don't get the supplemental instructions and cant find em on their website PM me and I'll send you the PDF.

· Registered
210 Posts
Took few mins off rebuilding my wife's CBR600F and washed , adjusted the chain on the GSXS-1000F I hope this weekend the sun will be out again so i can take her out for a blast before i have to run in the CBR for the wife (she is new rider and its completely rebuilt frame up including new brakes, tyres and rebuilt engine she wanted me to make sure i did everything up and that the engine does not stop or blow up before she will ride it LOL ) I would post a pic of the honda but I'm scared people will say bad things to me and make me cry LOL

I love a good rebuild, got pictures?

· Registered
210 Posts
I finnaly received SW-Motech blaze with paniers today. So i had to go off my lazy ass wash the bike and put them on the bike. I also painted end can, side exhaust cover, silencer and rear footpegs in mat black with 800C paint. Here are some pics.

I used the same panniers on my trip from Sydney to Tasmania, very happy with them but make sure you put the protective film on or you will scuff the paint on the tail :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts