GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
334 Posts
Latest: Swapped the crappy stock windscreen on my F model for a very nice tinted MRA double bubble. Looks great if you ask me and much better wind management.
Can you take a few wider shots, from the front, back and side please? I want to see the screen in relation to the whole bike as the close-ups make it look too large and upright for my personal liking. I'm trying to see as many screens as I can before I order one myself. Cheers.

· Registered
334 Posts
Here's a few for you, Rod. I didn't get one from the back though... It definitely is larger and higher and than the stock but not terrible so. If it detracts a bit from the sleekness of the bike then I can live with that. The wind is so much improved.
I appreciate you making the effort to take the photos. You've certainly helped me to make up my mind.

· Registered
334 Posts
Today I collected it. Rode it for an hour. Waited for it to cool down then removed the hero blobs and pillion foot rests. Fitted single seat cowl, Ixil exhaust, v-trec vario III levers, evotech spindle bobbins and rad guard. Today was a good day :)
Did you fit the Ixil slip-on? I was considering it (for looks alone). Does it sound any different?

· Registered
334 Posts
I just dropped $510 on a set of custom plates. All you Western-Australian based F owners (not that there's a lot of us yet), please understand that when you see GSXS1KF on the streets, then that's ME!

· Registered
334 Posts
bugger cause i was actually about to ask about it as i was looking inside the muffler today and i am considering cutting the end of it out and welding a pipe straight through so it looks original but does not baffle, this is of course after some testing this weekend removing the baffle to see what difference it would make, but should i start another thread or is there one going cause i do not want to fill this great thread with an exhaust question if it is a controversial question.
I'll keep this as brief as possible to avoid boring/infuriating people who've been around the "backpressure" block a million times... cars, bikes, trucks, whatever...

The whole FALLACY about an engine needing backpressure arose from people fitting larger diameter exhausts to their engines, and noticing that things actually ran WORSE. They ASSUMED that this was because that there was less backpressure. The truth is that the diameter of the exhaust affected the VELOCITY of the gases being evacuated from the combustion chamber (which is THE job of the exhaust system).

A perfect exhaust has NO BACKPRESSURE but MAXIMUM AIR VELOCITY.

In the words of Sean Connery in The Untouchables... "Here endeth the lesson".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts