GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 1424 Posts

· Registered
863 Posts
Can you take a few wider shots, from the front, back and side please? I want to see the screen in relation to the whole bike as the close-ups make it look too large and upright for my personal liking. I'm trying to see as many screens as I can before I order one myself. Cheers.
Here's a few for you, Rod. I didn't get one from the back though... It definitely is larger and higher and than the stock but not terrible so. If it detracts a bit from the sleekness of the bike then I can live with that. The wind is so much improved.

· Registered
974 Posts
Put an iphone handle bar holder on so i can use the GPS on the phone in which BTW the speedo is out 5km all the way through the range using a speedo app.

Attachments

Reactions: tsmetjen

· Registered
334 Posts
Here's a few for you, Rod. I didn't get one from the back though... It definitely is larger and higher and than the stock but not terrible so. If it detracts a bit from the sleekness of the bike then I can live with that. The wind is so much improved.
I appreciate you making the effort to take the photos. You've certainly helped me to make up my mind.

· Registered
334 Posts
Today I collected it. Rode it for an hour. Waited for it to cool down then removed the hero blobs and pillion foot rests. Fitted single seat cowl, Ixil exhaust, v-trec vario III levers, evotech spindle bobbins and rad guard. Today was a good day :)
Did you fit the Ixil slip-on? I was considering it (for looks alone). Does it sound any different?

· Registered
282 Posts
I had a professional fotoshoot in Tongeren , the city where Ambiorix lived :)

First result

Attachments

· Registered
210 Posts
Did you fit the Ixil slip-on? I was considering it (for looks alone). Does it sound any different?
Not to my ears. Weighs less but only by about 500g. The exhaust was the only thing I didn't like the look of and I dont see slip on's making much difference on this bike. While I like the look once it was on it doesn't scream quality part. I still need to sort out a bolt for the heat shield bit (not really a heat shield). It looks like the want you to use the stock bolt but it doesn't fit. Not an important bolt mind you but it should have come with one. But its cheap, I like the look and its small enough that it doesn't need the rear pegs mounted.

· Registered
649 Posts
Well the strip down went ok until I tried to remove rear bearings.
There is very little play on the axle sleeve so my trusty bearing drift will not fit.
Ordered a new set of drifts so fingers crossed.

· Registered
282 Posts
Today I received second picture of fotoshoot

Attachments

21 - 40 of 1424 Posts