GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1236 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Bad luck but full marks and big kudos for where you were at the time.
If your bike goes down on the right side I don't think there's a slider in the world that will save the exhaust entirely.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bad luck but full marks and big kudos for where you were at the time.
If your bike goes down on the right side I don't think there's a slider in the world that will save the exhaust entirely.
For sure - I was just curious. Frame sliders usually cause more damage than good anyway at the track.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had Frank do my FZ6 and my GSX-S750 seats - he's the best. How did the seat for your 1000 turn out? Deciding if I need to send this one to him as well.
Only had a short ride (still snow on the ground), but it is Excellent. Well worth the $$.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Spring has sprung & the fun has begun. Long list of mods and servicing and cleaning to do. Guess this is my version of Social Distancing - at least until the snow is gone.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
I know it looks like a mess but everything was labeled and orderly once I finished. Had to add relays and wiring harnesses for all the crap that I installed. High beam garage door opener, quickshifter, heated jacket/pants/boots harness, air horn relay, custom headlight harness, etc. etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know it would have been a ton of work but a few how-to's would have been great with your projects. Great to see her stripped down and work done correctly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Based on a previous post, I went with the Sealight H4 LED headlights. Easy install just remove 4 screws and the whole front housing come down for headlight swap.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Removed passenger pegs. Its the subtle little things that add up to make a big difference. Next up is the rear tail. Previous owner did a fender eliminator but its still too bulky for me. I ordered a Motodynamic integrated tail light and folding license plate bracket. Next step will completely clean up the tail.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I know it would have been a ton of work but a few how-to's would have been great with your projects. Great to see her stripped down and work done correctly.
I wish I had time! Most of the mods were bolt-on, per se, so pretty straightforward. Also, I should say that most of the stuff I did is "universal" - that is, it can be done to any bike and it's not specific to the GSX-S.

·
Registered
680 Posts
De-winterized the bike last night, windscreen off, heated grips off, tail tidy back on. Bike feels 100 pounds lighter, I've ridden so little the last 2weeks I didn't remember how much I really love ripping it around.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Installed Motodynamic integrated turn signal tail light to really clean up the back of the bike. Im waiting for a license plate bracket but rigged something temp up just to ride today.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Bike is back together. EBC VR Series Rotors & new EBC HH Sintered pads all around; Galfer Braided Brake lines (gold); Vortex 520 conversion w steel sprockets (-1 on front) with black chain; Puig Front Axle Slider; Light Tech Chain Adjusters and last but not least, oil & filter change. Stock seat as modified by Spencer Turnier on for a while. I also managed to polish up the custom made mid pipe for my M4 exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
installed my M4 full exhaust , hardest part was getting the servo motor out took longer than anything else ,took it around the block to check for leaks , the system really woke up the bike now I need to install my PC V and my autotune , ,to see how this beast really runs .

·
Registered
45 Posts
OEM end can in black, the heat shield is on paint work
License plate holder
Rear and front blinkers, with relais exchange
Translogic quick shifter
OEM rear seat cover
Puig crash bars
SW Motech sadle bags
Evotech bobins

Awating for Ermax windshield and H7 Philips x-treme vision bulbs.

In the future will be the rear shock!
20200408_171131.jpg 20200403_223018.jpg 20200318_171456.jpg 20200317_182319.jpg 20200309_185156.jpg

1181 - 1200 of 1236 Posts