GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1221 - 1236 of 1236 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
New here! I bought my 2017 gsx-s in April with 2500 miles on it and put a Dano's ecu flash, quickshifter, and BMC air filter on it. Then I added some Michelin Road 5's (190/55 in the rear). Just yesterday I installed a new 520 chain with a 16/47 sprocket setup. Holy moly is this thing fun now! I was trying to get it to wheelie easier, and this definitely did the trick. I may even go to a 48 tooth rear for a little more fun. I can now clutch up 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with relative ease. 3rd is a little tougher, but still doable. Now the bike has 5000 miles on it and I've had zero issues. I owned a Triumph speed triple previously, so I'm loving the Japanese reliability. Might do the exhaust and rear shock next, but I'm not sure yet. I've been eyeing up the new streetfighter v4, so I'm not sure if I want to sink any more money into this one.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Welcome DVM17 Sounds like you have a nicely tweaked machine. The V4 might be nice ->$$$ ... I'll stick with my stupid S-F (w/rear shock and other amenities) ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
A few friends stopped by to install a quick shifter on my GSX-S1000Z and my friends MT-10. Let's just say the GYTR QS for the MT-10 was quicker. I ordered the Dano's performance ECU flash and quick shifter combo. A lot of parts come off for a naked bike but I got it installed. I knew the stainless rod and white QS sensor label would annoy me so I spray painted it flat black to match the bike. I did a quick ride around the block and noticed had smooth rapid shifts, I'll know more about the ECU flash after tomorrow mornings breakfast run. I found the seat locally for $80 so I could not pass it up. It looks really good on the bike and I'm looking forward to see how it feels after a few hours of seat time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Today I installed the Suzuki rear seat cowl, along with trackside foam grips and heavier bar end weights (10oz each). I was having a hard time dealing with the vibrations from the bike. I tend to be riding in the 6~7k rpms on the highway, which is where it is the worst, so I did both of these today and it made a world of difference for me. Before my left hand would go numb after about 15 minutes, road for an hour without issue.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Not that I experience any vibes but I may try the bar end weights just to compare - where'd you get them from?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got them on Ebay, $30 and free shipping. Ordered on the 15th, got them on the 17th.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Says it's not compatible with a GSX-S1000 when you filter on model but obviously is right?

·
Registered
189 Posts
This bike is very vibey ; Particularly when you ride bikes of a significantly higher build quality - Triumph Street /Speed Triples & Honda CB1000r.

You get what you pay for , I'm thinking of adding some rubber washers between the top Yoke & handlebar clamp too

·
Registered
19 Posts
This bike is very vibey ; Particularly when you ride bikes of a significantly higher build quality - Triumph Street /Speed Triples & Honda CB1000r.

You get what you pay for , I'm thinking of adding some rubber washers between the top Yoke & handlebar clamp too
For some reason the bike has more vibration after the ECU flash. It was definitely smoother with stock ECU and full M4 exhaust.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Took the airbox restrictor plate off under the air filter. Requires removing the tank. Likely there only to quiet down intake roar and maybe gives 1 or 2 extra HP. Raining here so no comment yet on what I think of it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
That Leo Vance looks factory - very nice. Do a sound clip drive-off for us.

1221 - 1236 of 1236 Posts