GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1299 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Lol...I have on order clear signal lenses...in canada you have to have amber signal lights....so I'll put clear (smoke) ones on and put in amber bulbs. :)
Amber signals here too but I was referring to the reflectors at the bottom of the forks that belong on bicycle spokes ;)

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
427 Posts
Work in Progress but you can see how it's coming along

I'll do a write up for anyone else who wants to follow suit but had never done it before - easy enough but I made a few mistakes that effect time and nothing else - more my style of naked machine

·
Registered
314 Posts
^ Interesting - post a side shot when you can.

Reactions: Gixis1k

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
427 Posts
Ordered a custom line from hel on the 14th arrived today (16th) top service

ordered to replace the ABS line to the front calipers after I took the wrong line out & mangled it - not happy with knowing it looks shocking under the hood

+ & more importantly , took the bike up the road , hitting the brake results in no engagement grabbing it again results in rock solid braking

I'm thinking about bypassing the abs & going straight to the calipers from the master cylinder

Anyone done this or know a thread you can link me tio

Nice One

·
Administrator
460 Posts
Woke up to some white stuff this morning, so it seemed like a good day to do some projects.
1. KN Filter removed, Sprint Filter installed.
2. Oil & Filter Change.
3. Toby Steering Damper installed.

A few more projects over the next week and I'll be good to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
I like the steering damper.....does anyone else think the gsxs need one?...and who else has fitted one and what are your findings?.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
427 Posts
I like the steering damper.....does anyone else think the gsxs need one?...and who else has fitted one and what are your findings?.
i did, but I tweaked the fork setup & the wobble went , I'll never hit those speeds again though , probably a good idea if you opens it up up above 130

·
Registered
658 Posts
Woke up to some white stuff this morning, so it seemed like a good day to do some projects.
1. KN Filter removed, Sprint Filter installed.
2. Oil & Filter Change.
3. Toby Steering Damper installed.

A few more projects over the next week and I'll be good to go.
For a minute there I thought you had a wet dream!👀

·
Registered
194 Posts
i did, but I tweaked the fork setup & the wobble went , I'll never hit those speeds again though , probably a good idea if you opens it up up above 130
Mines feels a tiny wobbly when I accelerate hard from 100....and my arse goes wobbly too....think I may fit one for peace of mind...them Toby racing ones easy to fit??

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I set mine up soft for a few years but on highway rides at wot going for it I’d have to back off from time to time against lesser bikes. Tryed compression both ends didn’t help probably made worse. Now rebound was a game changer. From where I was for a softer ride I increased. Firmer Front now probably closer to stock. Rear probably half out from fully in. I adjusted for highway’s Didn’t change harshness as much as I thought. Was more of a weave during hard high speed wot. Haven’t felt it in a year very happy. Most weaver wobbles start at the rear

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Hey GSXS NH

It’s about time you got that thing installed! I guess you haven’t tested it yet due to snow, but it seems to work best at one click out from full stiff. I think you’ll like it, the bike feels planted and much more stable.

for anyone interested in the Toby, search the forum for my post “who wants a Toby steering stabilizer”?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Good Toby install thread with pics

1261 - 1280 of 1299 Posts