GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1281 - 1299 of 1299 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm not exactly tall at just 5'7" but my knees are on the plastic grey panel not the tank when I ride so pads would do nothing for me.

·
Administrator
460 Posts
Hey GSXS NH

It’s about time you got that thing installed! I guess you haven’t tested it yet due to snow, but it seems to work best at one click out from full stiff. I think you’ll like it, the bike feels planted and much more stable.

for anyone interested in the Toby, search the forum for my post “who wants a Toby steering stabilizer”?
Took it for a nice hard ride today; and I must say, I am surprised how much of a positive difference it makes. I give it (y)(y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks great :) I'm holding off just at present til I see what Puig come up with. I think there's is due out in January. I'll make my mind up then between it and the MRA. Do you find you're getting better wind protection now from your new screen?
If you are looking for wind management you will probably need a touring screen. Personally I like the look of the MRA racing screen but ended up (after a lot of testing) with the Puick touring screen + the Givi S180F universal wind-deflector on my gsxs 1000f (found it better than Puig wind-deflector). I got tinnitus from wind noise wearing ear plugs in combination of a bad helmet (Ruroc atlas 2.0... Looks cool but will leave you deaf). My current setup fixes the problems I had with wind noise. Im 6.1 high (185 cm). Hope it helped.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
If you are looking for wind management you will probably need a touring screen. Personally I like the look of the MRA racing screen but ended up (after a lot of testing) with the Puick touring screen + the Givi S180F universal wind-deflector on my gsxs 1000f (found it better than Puig wind-deflector). I got tinnitus from wind noise wearing ear plugs in combination of a bad helmet (Ruroc atlas 2.0... Looks cool but will leave you deaf). My current setup fixes the problems I had with wind noise. Im 6.1 high (185 cm). Hope it helped.
I don't want to disagree, but having fought wind management issues on multiple bikes, I have a different approach, in my experience a bigger screen is not necessarily better. you can get there with that approach, what you end up with might not be visually appealing (to be nice). I've found that, for me, a good helmet, in the wind, and a screen that protects the body will result in zero helmet buffeting and a tolerable result for the even the longest rides I do. I agree you can strap on a huge enough touring screen and, maybe, find one that doesn't cause buffeting and looks reasonable, but just "a touring screen" is not necessarily the solution. ;)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
took the beast home from my work place heated garage where it spends the late fall and winter good 5 to 6 months 5 of those months dont move at all....now outside where I live till november under a cover ..Im glad to have her home for 5th year in a row ... never owned a bike for this long always chased the newest fastest ect ..... that feel of new ,looking at a showroom filled with the shinny machines ... glade that finally wore off this old girl does it for me...

·
Registered
87 Posts
  • Touring windscreen by MRA.
  • Chinese LED turn lights, front and rear.
  • Bosch Xenon look headlights.
  • Scotoiler V system.

1281 - 1299 of 1299 Posts