GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1321 - 1330 of 1330 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Wanted a tank pad to help protect the tank from belt and zipper scratches, but don't really care for the majority of the standard vertical sticker type ones out there. Found this on the Japanese site "Webike". Ordered it at 3:54PM on Monday and received it today (Wednesday) at 3:15PM. Made it from Japan to Maryland in less than 48 hours. Very impressive!

It's made by a Japanese company by the name of SSK/Speedra. They appear to specialize in carbon fiber components. The quality is excellent, fitment was literally like a glove, and the installation was simple. I'll get some better pictures out in the sunlight once it quits raining. BTW, the Webike site has a ton of GSX-S parts that aren't available (or at least in plain view) here in the US. Full titanium exhaust systems, tons of adjustable rearsets, etc. All can be ordered and shipped directly to anywhere in the world.

Automotive lighting Car Hood Automotive design Grille

Here's the part number for the tank pad in case anyone is interested:

Product Font Material property Carmine Packaging and labeling

·
Registered
13 Posts
Decatted it and fitted the black M4 slip on that arrived this morning (pulled the baffle of course :ROFLMAO:) She will now officially "wake the dead"

Throttle response much improved and the sound is awesome with pops and bangs on the overrun..

Very happy, but don't think my neighbours impressed with my revving her in the garage with the door open!

Mike

·
Registered
506 Posts
Decatted it and fitted the black M4 slip on that arrived this morning (pulled the baffle of course :ROFLMAO:) She will now officially "wake the dead"

Throttle response much improved and the sound is awesome with pops and bangs on the overrun..

Very happy, but don't think my neighbours impressed with my revving her in the garage with the door open!

Mike
I ran the M4 slip-on before I decatted the bike and it's one of the few slip-ons that actually increases the noise level with an otherwise stock exhaust. I think it acts like a megaphone because of it's shape, therefore amplifying the sound. I bet your bike will absolutely scream with the decat/M4 combination.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I ran the M4 slip-on before I decatted the bike and it's one of the few slip-ons that actually increases the noise level with an otherwise stock exhaust. I think it acts like a megaphone because of it's shape, therefore amplifying the sound.
I agree. :)

Reactions: 871JZ

·
Registered
2016 f
393 Posts
As im installing an air cooled oil cooler, i noticed the stock lower oil gallery doesnt have a restrictor , the k series engines normally have a restricted oil gallery inbetween the oil filter return port and the upfeed into the main oil gallery, it took abit of research and phoning around, but i found the info required to make a restrictor the correct size to gain the correct amount of back pressure, which will cause the right amount of oil flow through the oil cooler, and allow some to go straight into the upfeed, (i also noticed the stock gsxs oil cooler has no bypass so if it becomes blocked by lack of maintinance, the engine will starve of oil) i then tapped a 12mm× 1.25mm pitch thread thru the upfeed side to enable a restrictor to be lodged between, so now my oil flow will mostly go through the oil cooler , definitly abit nerve wracking task, im using hand tools , plus a small mini cup wire brush on extention to buff the thread after tapping, to aid removal of any jagged edges that may try to stuff the engine bearings if left, then very careful and extensive cleaning, but this will allow for better cooling from the radiator as it also cools the stock oil cooler, and my engine oil will be better cooled, which will help and enable my big block kit to run as a stocker.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Got a new rear tyre fitted. Last time I had a Metzeler M7RR which was good for about 3,000 miles, so this time I went for the newer M9RR, hopefully it will be at least as good as the 7 was.

Stuck with 50 profile as I have short legs and like being able to flat foot when sat on the bike.

1321 - 1330 of 1330 Posts