GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1361 - 1367 of 1367 Posts

·
Registered
2016 f
687 Posts
Weighed my engines conrods, pistons and compared to the replacement parts, the stock gsxs conrods/bolts weigh 345gm, the new gsxrk8 rods weigh 340gm, gudgeon pins are also 2gms lighter, stock gsxs pistons 166gms, 2.6mm oversize carillo pistons now weigh 160gms, so im about 13gms lighter with the new 1070cc setup

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not today, but Tuesday. Had to wait and see if it worked. Since owning the bike for a month or so, I've had what I perceived to be miss matched front to rear suspension set up. I felt a very stiff juddery front end and a softer rear. This led to a very untidy ride. My front tyre was slightly square, but not to the point of needing changed. Plenty of tread left. I bit the bullet on a matching front to my month old rear. And all I can say is WOW. The front end is transformed. The original I noticed when I removed it came out from under the hugger with no effort, slight angle and it cleared. I struggled to get the new one in place. Seemed too tall. Tyre pressure the same. Vast difference, I'm assuming the profile of the new tyre although not really visible in passing was vastly different. Also the tyre had to be miss shapen as the rough juddery tramlining characteristics are all but eliminated. The original tyres were a matching set too. And with the woolich flash done last week I have 10 more horsepower and 4 lb ft of torque and a near smooth ride on and off throttle. Best £400 spent. Graph of before and after are vastly different. £280 on tyres. Michelin road 5's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Front tire profiles can vary a lot. A prev owner had put a 17" wheel on my old R6 to replace the 16" (a common upgrade for those bikes)- he had a Pilot Power mounted which worked fine. Later when I put Q3+'s on, I had to raise the fender and move the forks up a bit to compensate for the Q3's substantially taller profile.

·
Registered
2022 GSX-S1000
46 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Do you have any more pictures?

What are your thoughts so far on it?

Thank you
Ray
Here are a few more photos. Not that great as I was more focused on playing with my camera settings than capturing the meter screen.

My thoughts: Overall, I like it.

Installation: The kit comes with the screen (edit; I refer to it as a screen, but it's not, it's not a visor either), and a pre drilled meter cover and all necessary hardware to install. This is great, because if you don't like it or want to change, you can return to stock with no additional parts. One of the nut or bolt sizes (can't remember) was called out wrong in the instructions but, if you have even the slightest amount of mechanical ability, you'll figure it out. 3 sets of nuts/bolts attaches the screen to the pre drilled cover. 4 fasteners to remove stock cover, 4 fasteners back in to install the screen/cover combo. 20 min project of you are taking your time. Easy.

Results: In my opinion, purely cosmetic. It has no noticeable impact on air flow across my 6' 230 lb body, nor my helmet. Note that I was not expecting it to, but figured I would state it. I wish it was more of a matte finish to match the surrounding areas, but I do like the way it looks and plan to keep it installed. For under $100, I am happy with the way it looks; if you are wanting/expecting performance, you may want to skip this one.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Bicycle Bicycle handlebar Bicycle accessory Bicycle frame Bicycle part

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Fuel tank Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel

Sky Fuel tank Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Sky

1361 - 1367 of 1367 Posts