GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a cigarette power outlet, I can hook it up directly to the battery for an always-on power source but I don't want to do that in case I forget to disconnect something and drain my battery.

With my last bike, I installed a switched power source like this: I connected the black wire to the negative battery terminal and connected the red wire to a tap-a-fuse which I plugged into one of the fuses and then I had a switched power source. I was about to do the same with this bike, but I realized that this bike actually uses low profile mini fuses instead of regular mini fuses so my tap-a-fuse would not work. In addition, I would not be able to close the fuse box cover with a tap-a-fuse attached.

Just looking for ideas on how to install a switched power source.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I just bought a cigarette power outlet, I can hook it up directly to the battery for an always-on power source but I don't want to do that in case I forget to disconnect something and drain my battery.
Eastern Beaver Three-Circuit switch. Best thing since rubber tires. I have my GPS, LED running lights and 12v power outlet hooked to it. Quality of materials and construction are tops. It'll outlast your bike...

3 Circuit

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the ideas guys. Turns out my local auto parts store sells a low profile mini-fuse tap so I got that. But there is still the problem of not being able to fit the cover on the fuse box while using this tap so I'm mulling it over.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You guys do realize that there is a free socket under the headlight?
Originally intended for heated grips, can be used for anything, you can also buy a corresponding sumitomo hm plug with pins.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Originally intended for heated grips, can be used for anything, you can also buy a corresponding sumitomo hm plug with pins.
Have you got a link for the plug?
Currently I have mine wired to my optimate plug but I would prefer not having to unplug it everytime

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
974 Posts

Bugger I didn't know that and I wired a relay from the tail light and ran a wire from the battery through it for my heated grips, I'll check it out next time I have the fairing off and if I see it I'll remove my wiring, that is if I need toremove the fairing or any covers to get to it?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Bugger I didn't know that and I wired a relay from the tail light and ran a wire from the battery through it for my heated grips, I'll check it out next time I have the fairing off and if I see it I'll remove my wiring, that is if I need toremove the fairing or any covers to get to it?
Don't bother Nicka. It's only on the S version not the F. I had a darn good look when I was fitting mine, couldn't find one. Crazy really, when you think we have much more room to hide some electrics under the fairing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I wired a usb port with fuse directly from the battery to the dash to feed my phone even if the ignition is off. Another line for my 6400 lumen led lights relay to the passing switch. Work like a charm.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Don't bother Nicka. It's only on the S version not the F. I had a darn good look when I was fitting mine, couldn't find one. Crazy really, when you think we have much more room to hide some electrics under the fairing.

Ah cheers mate that's why I never saw one when I had it apart.

·
Registered
14 Posts
To access the socket on the F you need to remove the air cleaner box, sorry should have mentioned that.
As for the plug, I only know of an european source: eBay item number 261822926090

1 - 14 of 14 Posts