GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does a dealership typically do for the first 600 mile service? I'm guessing oil change, oil filter, adjust/clean chain. Anything else? I'm just wondering if there's anything I wouldn't reasonably be able to do myself.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
506 Posts
What does a dealership typically do for the first 600 mile service? I'm guessing oil change, oil filter, adjust/clean chain. Anything else? I'm just wondering if there's anything I wouldn't reasonably be able to do myself.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
You got it all. They install controls and handlebars etc so they'd check everything is tight. Oil change is the main thing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
…...nothing you could not do better than them.

It is your machine. The mechanics don't know you personally, and your bike is just one more in a line, and their(mechanics) performance is measured against time....meaning; if they can cut corners to look better, they would ....plus, no doubt the dealer uses the cheapest oil they can purchase. At least, I play it safe and assume all this.

...my bike was a leftover '16 purchased brand new in '19. I changed the oil at only 26 indicated miles next day.. It came out black, thick, with milky shades. Either, they let it sit for over two years in the bike, or filled it with used oil. They also tried trickle charging the battery in the bike after two years. They admitted it. Did not work.

….I did my own 600 mi service, changing oil and filter, and other checks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don’t know. I bought mine 20k miles ago and it has never been back since it was rolled out of the showroom. I agree with the comment that you will take more care with it than they will.

However, that said , I am struggling with the topic of valve check/adjustment. I may have to suck it up and just trust them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine scratched the plastic panel on the tank as an added extra!

I wasn't pleased and after they replaced it I haven't been back:(
I had the same happen with mine. It was the first one the dealer had done and the directions from Suzuki weren't clear on how easy it was to damage.

I used to race with the workshop manager at my local dealership and even though he may not care about my bike as much as I do I have complete confidence he'd never half-ass any work on a customer's bike.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts