GSXS 1000 Forum banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

· Registered
2,595 Posts
I've tried all type of combinations of synthetic oils & filters. The bike runs the smoothest & accelerates the quickest with Mobile 1 racing 4t with k&n/ hiflo 138 filter
K&N 138 is NOT HifloFiltro 138. It used to be, but K&N decided to save money and go with a cheaper supplier. Consequently, they had failures on the track that lead to rules about OEM filters. So... to make a long story short. Buy HiFloFiltro. NOT K&N.

· Registered
67 Posts
K&N 138 is NOT HifloFiltro 138. It used to be, but K&N decided to save money and go with a cheaper supplier. Consequently, they had failures on the track that lead to rules about OEM filters. So... to make a long story short. Buy HiFloFiltro. NOT K&N.
Wasn't saying k&n and hi flo was the same. I was stating the 2 filters that work best with that oil.

If you install the k&n with the oil filter side clamp wrench you will never have a failure. Only remove the oil filter by the front nut. Never install using the nut, only remove. I never had a failure in the past. Been using k&n for over 10yrs.

· Registered
67 Posts
I know the owner of a high performance race bike shop & his techs said the failures were because of over tightening and installation using the front nut on the filter.

I only snug up my oil filters & rarely use the front nut for removal only

· Registered
2,595 Posts
I know the owner of a high performance race bike shop & his techs said the failures were because of over tightening and installation using the front nut on the filter.

I only snug up my oil filters & rarely use the front nut for removal only
The quality of materials are inferior, and thickness of the bottom cap is less, and they have had failures that caused problems on the track. If you like them, that's fine, I have no problem with that. I will stick with HiFlo.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts