GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave the bike it's first wash today but was unable to lift the front with my front paddock stand due to the stepped shoe that fits under the bottom of the fork leg catching on the front wheel ABS/ traction control sensor. So my question is what front stands are you all using or do you use a Constands / Abba center lift ?
Cheers ..

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'll be using an abba stand and a small bottle jack if I need both wheels off the ground. That's the setup I had with the CB and it seemed to work well.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use the headstock stand. I don't like Abba lifts way too much faffing about.
How sturdy do you find the headstock stand ( which brand ) and what size is the pin ?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi Lee I use this one Black Pro Range Motorcycle Motorbike Front Head Stock Paddock Stand Ghostbikes | eBay
I only bought a new one as it matched the colour of my bike but I've been using them for over 8 years and they are very sturdy used in conjunction with a rear paddock stand it keeps the bike perfectly straight. Pin is 13mm. I do use a microfibre cloth placed on the mudguard when fitting and removing just in case I bump it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ackack, great info. I was looking at that black pro range, just need a bit of owner feedback, cheers dude.

·
Registered
647 Posts
No worries mate, the rear fits better with the little axle bobbins not those massive cotton reels I have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts