GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, so i bought myself a top yoke paddock stand for my bike but it is very close to the front fender that its put a nice scratch in it and i can't get the front wheel in unless i let the tyre down, what is everyone else using?
i need something for when im working on it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I use this one Black Pro Range Motorcycle Motorbike Front Head Stock Paddock Stand Ghostbikes | eBay Fits ok but these stands always sit close to the fender so I put an old (stolen from the airing cupboard) towel over the fender to avoid scratches.
>:D Airing cupboard : -) now that is a blast from the past. It wasn't next to the parlor and across from the scullery was it? or maybe just next to the lobby, all viable options :D Just teasing though I did smile at the olde English. Ah the good old days.

Oxford front wheel chock stand. Decent quality and well made. Not every one is a fan of these but I prefer it to the other paddock stand style, which I have for the rear. no raiding of airing cupboards requied,

·
Registered
401 Posts
hi all, so i bought myself a top yoke paddock stand for my bike but it is very close to the front fender that its put a nice scratch in it and i can't get the front wheel in unless i let the tyre down, what is everyone else using?
i need something for when im working on it.
Abba stand with front raising kit. Sorry about the Kwak, no pics available with our bikes.

·
Registered
204 Posts
i am looking at the abba skylift bit expensive but could be nice to have and will be able to use it with all my bikes

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
abba is the one i want to go with i think, the front yoke stand i got also sits close so i put a towl under it but it still scratched the fairing :(

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,965 Posts
I use an ABBA stand and a jack under the exhaust pipes.

Reactions: GixxerKev

·
Registered
451 Posts
I love my pitbull, but its problem is you cant remove the triple clamps while its in place. That would be nice as I like to keep my steering head bearings clean and nice.

The abba might be expensive, but it covers both front and back use. I wish I had one.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I love my pitbull, but its problem is you cant remove the triple clamps while its in place. That would be nice as I like to keep my steering head bearings clean and nice.

The abba might be expensive, but it covers both front and back use. I wish I had one.
Yep I can confirm Abba Skylift is bloody brilliant...:)

·
Registered
401 Posts
ABBA had an extensive stall set out Motorcycle Live today, prices weren't as competitive as I was expecting though.

·
Registered
647 Posts
>:D Airing cupboard : -) now that is a blast from the past. It wasn't next to the parlor and across from the scullery was it? or maybe just next to the lobby, all viable options :D Just teasing though I did smile at the olde English. Ah the good old days.

Motorbike Front Wheel Chock Stand: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Oxford front wheel chock stand. Decent quality and well made. Not every one is a fan of these but I prefer it to the other paddock stand style, which I have for the rear. no raiding of airing cupboards requied,
Showing my age there while I gently puff on my pipe in the drawing room on my way to the study.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts