GSXS 1000 Forum banner

What front stand is everyone using?

16K views 40 replies 20 participants last post by  Onenote 
#1 ·
hi all, so i bought myself a top yoke paddock stand for my bike but it is very close to the front fender that its put a nice scratch in it and i can't get the front wheel in unless i let the tyre down, what is everyone else using?
i need something for when im working on it.

#5 ·
>:D Airing cupboard : -) now that is a blast from the past. It wasn't next to the parlor and across from the scullery was it? or maybe just next to the lobby, all viable options :D Just teasing though I did smile at the olde English. Ah the good old days.

Oxford front wheel chock stand. Decent quality and well made. Not every one is a fan of these but I prefer it to the other paddock stand style, which I have for the rear. no raiding of airing cupboards requied,

#22 ·
So I ordered an Abba stand from Bluestreak Racing in California today. Great deal! The complete front and rear superbike package with spool adaptor for $310 shipped. That is a no brainer. Have to wait till February for it to ship though. That's OK as it was -17 deg F yesterday. Not doing much riding. lol

#38 ·
I took an angle grinder and removed about half of the back portion on that side.......problem solved. I'm guessing others have done the same.😏

#40 ·
True to Forum tradition this thread is being well and truly hi-jacked so I might as well have my two pence worth.
We will celebrate 46 years on July 4th, independence day, end of.
My wife does not , whinge about what I spend,she knows I'm a tight wad so won't waste money.
She does not want to ride pillion, does not say "be careful" every time I go out and does not give me a bollocking when I crash.

She does say, did those new bits go on OK, and did you have a good ride when I get back.
I think I am well blessed.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.