GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :p What do you wear?

My favourite lid is my Airoh GP, but she is getting a bit old now so I bought am X-lite X-802RR Ultra Carbon. Both are great, well ventilated and light. The Airoh has a slightly smaller shell size when you place them side by side. The X-Lite is carbon, so it is black. Not sure how hot my head is going to get as we approach our summer. Time will tell, I guess.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Looks nice, what do you think of it?
I've got the shoei xr1100 and it's a superb helmet, just wish it was newer (for the track) and it had a sun visor.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The GT-Air is the best helmet I've ever owned. I liked it so much I bought a gray one for riding on my other bikes.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My daily driver is a Neotec Shoei in the way-cool black-yellow. A few years back I took a 15.5-hr non-stop (but for gas) ride and almost wore my ears off taking my Arai Quantum on-off. This moved me to the flip-face helmet.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've been wearing an HJC IS-16 since I started riding. I think it's an amazing helmet/value, but unfortunately the HJC shape doesn't fit my head right (didn't realize it until I hit 100+ on this bike and my helmet almost got sucked off my head). I'd buy another one in a second if that wasn't the case.

I bought a Shoei RF1200 - I love everything about the helmet- except that sound really resonates inside making everything (talking, wind, etc) too loud for me to tolerate.

Shoe GT Air is my second choice - it has more plush padding than the RF1200 so I thought it would be warmer, but the padding should damp sound/vibration a little more. Plus I really miss having the internal flip-down visor.

I was hoping to find a bunch of helmet options to choose from, but what I've learned is that the selection is really limited to what helmet SHAPE fits your head - for example, HJC is too round for me, AGV is too narrow/oval, Shoei is just right). I've also learned that most shops/employees don't really understand helmet fitting, particularly when it comes to shape (round vs oval) and fitting options (changing liners, cheek pads, etc).

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just picked up this gt air today gotta say this thing is almost too quiet can barely hear the exhaust with stock can. And can't say enough about the venting and integrated shield loving it. Wasn't going to spend this much but I've always worn shoei. And the dealer gave me a substantial discount since I had recently bought the bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I've heard good things about the Shoei RF-SR and I love transition shields. I usually wear my GT-Air but the last couple days of over 100 F riding home I've worn my Icon Airframe Pro Carbon. It is not my favorite helmet overall, but it has such good ventilation that I can't wear it when it gets cold, and when the temps reach over 100, I actually prefer it. I won it in an online contest at Competition Accessories (the only cool thing I've ever won from an on-line contest and totally shocked me - I thought it was a trick). So today I wore the Icon and it was a cooker (officially 101, but much higher than that stuck on the highway waiting for 3 lanes of 6:00 traffic to funnel down to 1 lane for an accident). I don't think any helmet is cool under those circumstances, but the Icon was pretty darn good. A little better than the GT-Air for the temps, and a LOT better than any of my other helmets (OK, I've collected a couple over the years).

·
Registered
444 Posts
I also wear a Shoei GT-Air because I can lift the main visor and still have eye protection with the internal visor. Which gives lots of air flow in the heat. I use the Sena 10s. On the track I use AGV Corsa Rossi Sola Luna. I also have a rf1200 that I wear on the street sometimes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts