GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Castrol 06112 POWER 1 4T 10W-40, Suzuki ECSTAR R9000 10W-40 or something else?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used to use Motul 7100, now I use Rotella T6 full synthetic 15-40 which has the Jaso rating and is safe for a wet clutch. I can't tell the difference....except when I pay for it. Rotella is half the price.
I have always used Castrol regular and synthetic on my cars and now with the motorcycles I want to try it also.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Too many oil threads. Use the fkn search tool
I did, but did not find any results about my specific question.
Can you at least post he link in stead of being an ashooleee?
I come here for help and to help others I don't appreciate your sheet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Castrol Actevo 4T 10W-40 Part Synthetic Motorcycle Oil for $23 per gallon on Walmart.
Wow the Castrol 06112 / 159DA7 Power 1 Racing 4T Motorcycle Oil - 10W40 - 1qt. is $23.24 per quarter on Walmart.
Big difference on price.

Amazon has the Castrol 06112 / 159DA7 Power 1 Racing 4T Motorcycle Oil - 10W40 $53 per gallon free shipping. Seems like a good deal to me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
There is no "best". All opinions are subjective. Any oil that meets the manufactures minimum specifications will work. Some of us prefer Rotella T6 for the price.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
tryed the syn castrol once and like it a lot...next oil change store had none so used valvoline sny .... used reg castrol...reg valvoline....now i have drum oil from service i asked what kind......yama lube.....really dont matter they all do the job

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is no "best". All opinions are subjective. Any oil that meets the manufactures minimum specifications will work. Some of us prefer Rotella T6 for the price.
But Rotella T6 is not designed for motorcycles, does it?
How can a high performance motorcycle run fine with an oil designed for diesel trucks?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I use extra virgin coconut oil. My engine runs a little rough, but my my emissions have a great fragrance.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts