GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, need your help... whats our oil filter part no. and or substitute if i won't be able to find one for our bike?... TIA! :):):)

·
Registered
80 Posts
K&N make a good replacement for the 138 I believe as most Suzukis use the same oil filter, also it has a 17mm hex on the filter which makes fit up & removal a cinch with a ratchet & extension.

·
Registered
724 Posts
K&N make a good replacement for the 138 I believe as most Suzukis use the same oil filter, also it has a 17mm hex on the filter which makes fit up & removal a cinch with a ratchet & extension.
Yep I agree the K&N filters are so much easier to remove with the nut on top... all I use nowadays as same filter on my SV1000...:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Gsxr 1000 oil filter is the same part. Latest few models use the same oil filter. A lot of Suzuki models use the same filter.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm not sure if the S1000 using a different oil filter. I have no Suzuki dealer in my area and I couldn't fit both K&N and aftermarket ones as the genuine oil filter seems to have finer threads than the other ones.
Gsxr 1000 oil filter is the same part. Latest few models use the same oil filter. A lot of Suzuki models use the same filter.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I picked up my new oil filter at my suzuki dealers and was told by the tech that the gsx uses the latest gsxr 1000 oil filter.
Apparently a lot of suzuki models share the same oilfilter....part number; 16510-07j00.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I don't know of a single Suzuki model that uses a different filter.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I hope the 138 fits as I brought one today and will change it during the week, I also got Penrite MC4ST Synthetic as recommended by The penrite oil tech via email, 3500 km oil change after a couple of long hot rides

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, does it fit or not? :)

I hope the 138 fits as I brought one today and will change it during the week, I also got Penrite MC4ST Synthetic as recommended by The penrite oil tech via email, 3500 km oil change after a couple of long hot rides

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yep all good

Reactions: waldemort

·
Registered
296 Posts
Those bolts are useless, here's what happens if the filter is too tight:
Yes! That happened to me too on my other bike. I finally got the k&n filter off by removing the exhaust to gain better access and using vice grips on what was left of the nut. On that bike next time I will slightly hammer the socket on before attempting to ratchet off the filter.

On the GSXS1000F I am just going to use Suzuki filters and the Suzuki "wrench". The gsxs shop manual says to tighten the oil filter by hand until the gasket just touches the block and the tighten two full turns. Man, that is tight.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts