GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hi Cain,
I sent you a PM a few days ago.
This is the first use for me on this new site, so I am presuming it would be like the old web site and give you a pop up notice of a PM arrival.

Rob.
Sorry Rob, i am not receiving the notifications. I just replied.
Cheers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got the bike tuned and I'm well happy with the results. Dyno chart attached showing stock (Pink) with her ugly flat spot at 5-7k, My mods (Green - that M4 exhaust really smoothed power delivery) & finally after the Dyno tune in Red.

More importantly (to me) than outright power is how the bike feels and rides now. She's got power for days and just feels so much more raw but extremely smooth. Money well spent!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got the bike tuned and I'm well happy with the results. Dyno chart attached showing stock (Pink) with her ugly flat spot at 5-7k, My mods (Green - that M4 exhaust really smoothed power delivery) & finally after the Dyno tune in Red.

More importantly (to me) than outright power is how the bike feels and rides now. She's got power for days and just feels so much more raw but extremely smooth. Money well spent!
View attachment 44075
Who tuned your bike

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Hi mns,
The HP gain while very good, that torque increase is truly outstanding.
How's it like in the 0 to 4000 range in slow traffic now ? That's the RPM where I use my own bike.

Rob.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Cheers mate. Do you know what they did with the secondary throttle plates?
The writing says "secondary throttle plate maps". So, my guess, the secondary throttle plate maps were adjusted. Specifically, again guessing, the secondary butterflies probably start to close close to redline. The change allows them to stay open, maximizing power on top.

My bike runs great. I'm not sure if that's relevant but I guess that's all that matters. I just can't read another wall of text leading nowhere.
A good running bike is all that matters to most. The wall of text leads somewhere. It reminds me of reading Kevin Cameron. His wall of text goes into the weeds. But if you follow, the information can be interesting. It can be numbing to understand, but if the effort is put into doing so, sometimes the result is rewarding.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The writing says "secondary throttle plate maps". So, my guess, the secondary throttle plate maps were adjusted. Specifically, again guessing, the secondary butterflies probably start to close close to redline. The change allows them to stay open, maximizing power on top.
The STP do close on the top end to act as a speed limiter (which was removed) but that is separate. They tune them on the lower end also to maximise air flow velocity at lower RPM and smooth out the power curve.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The STP do close on the top end to act as a speed limiter (which was removed) but that is separate. They tune them on the lower end also to maximise air flow velocity at lower RPM and smooth out the power curve.
Yes, as I recall years ago, when Suzuki added STPs (weren't they the first, like Yamaha with EXUP?) one reason was to help air flow velocity at lower RPMs. Thanks for the reminder.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts