GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I added the throttle tamer, BMC air filter and have roughly a $1K left for parts. I'm undecided with the following:
- Michelin pr4
- Nitron rear shock R1
- Brembo RCS 19
- CRG clutch level
- PCV?
What is your suggestion?

Edit: I gutted the silencer and like the stock can and have no plan for a aftermarket at the moment. I have roughly 50% off the stock tires.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Brake pads and master cylinder brembo rs19 no point going fast if you cannot stop .then Spring upgrade rear first, tyres pr4 are great in the wet good in the dry but make you wish you brought the metezler mrr7 for the summer

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'd work the tires into your maintenance budget and wait till stock are worn down, if you can. The stock brakes are pretty good as is, so I'd say the rear shock first, though you may be able to get what you want out of it with some adjustment to stock.

Since you've modified aspiration and exhaust, I'd say a PCV and professional tuning before anything else though. If you're doing the kind of riding where you need better than stock brakes and rear shock, you're going to want to fueling mapped for your setup anyway.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Vnuh, Somewhat echo C'Slow above, but good suspension is something you use on every ride whether going fast, or slow. Power commander seems more than just a bolt-on. As for tires, you will need to do that anyway, but look at MRR7 or if more mileage, the new mentz RO1.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ebc front brake pads.
Nitron rear shock.
rad guard.
tail tidy.

out of all these the front brake pads are the biggest improvement for your money.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would go for rear shock first, probably the most pricy. Also want to put PCV on at some stage, but really not such a priority for me. I have tuned my suspension as best I can get it, but still the rear a little harsh on very bumpy roads or bumps/unevenness on roads, which is quite common. So the one thing that most detracts from my riding is the way the rear performs and always worried about hitting bumps or uneven road patches, especially in bends.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
True is the bike is amazing to me without that extra cash. I guess it's more about my upgrade syndrome mental problem.
I definitely will get EBH new brake pads. I have 4 friends with this bike and all of them have PC5 or Bazzaz installed along with Akra or Yoshi pipes, I don't see their throttle respond any smoother than my GC2 tamer. They probably have a bit more power at 8K RPM and linear than my bike but not a big deal. I'm tired with all dyno and tune things.
For the suspension, in fact I'm using Vmus settings with a little adjustment but don't feel comfortable with the stock rear shock performance. I do agree paying an extra thousand for the shock is excessive.
I mod the fender with a cheap mush guard and it should protect the radio just fine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
That bike does look awesome with all that added bits. I see he has replaced the front forks with Ohlins as well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't plan on a carbon handler bar and didn't ask the vendor details but I know it's made in UK, but this guy bought most of his stuff from US.
The rear shock is Nitron R2 and the 2 fenders are carbon.

If I may be so bold, that looks the t!ts.
One question, where did he get the handlebar from?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts