GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Has anyone put the Suzuki wheel decals on yet, just wondered if you have any tips on getting them on correctly before i start :)

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,965 Posts
Hi, Has anyone put the Suzuki wheel decals on yet, just wondered if you have any tips on getting them on correctly before i start :)

Thanks Dave
These are the ones I fitted, don't know if they are the same as yours.
Can't give any tips other than to go very carefully and do it in a fairly warm place. I took the front wheel out but did the rear in situ.

Reactions: Junichi

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've got those ones on my bike Dave. I got them free with the bike, so the dealer fitted them for me. They said they were quite difficult to fit, as the decal folds over the ridge on the wheel.

3 decals each side, so 6 a wheel, and they overlap to get complete coverage.

From talking to the dealer after they did mine, I'd recommend;

- Get the wheels as clean as possible
- measure and mark where you're going to put them
- I'm not sure if they did it with the wheel decals or just the tank pads, but a soapy water mixture will let you re position the decal if required.
- don't rush it, they're worth spending the time on so they look perfect

Cheers,
Martin

Reactions: Davidgorman

·
Registered
647 Posts
Use vinyl applicator fluid or 2-3 drops of wash up liquid in 1 litre spray bottle.
Thoroughly clean wheel with soap then rubbing alcohol.
Liberally spray the section you wish to apply the vinyl and also spray the sticky side of the vinyl a lot as well.
You should be able to place the vinyl on the wheel and move it about freely to line it up perfectly.
Once you're happy with the placement gently squeeze dry with credit card or similar.
Same technique applies to tank protector and tank pads, if you mess it up. lift it off, spray some more and re-apply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts