GSXS 1000 Forum banner
181 - 200 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I always wonder why people cover their plates for pictures?
To avoid cloning, someone duplicating your plate and using it on their own bike….and racking up tickets….avoiding insurance or getting up to general mischief under your own registration 🤔

·
Registered
157 Posts
To avoid cloning, someone duplicating your plate and using it on their own bike….and racking up tickets….avoiding insurance or getting up to general mischief under your own registration 🤔
But your plate is on full display everywhere you ride ...lol

·
Administrator
498 Posts
Yesterday was a gorgeous day, so I took one of my bikes on a 250 mile ride. From my house in Intervale, NH through Crawford Notch State Park; by the Mt Washington Hotel (see smoke plume from Cog Railway way up high). On to & through Littleton, Lisbon & Bath, NH and then crossed into Wells River, VT. From Wells River I rode over to Barre, Montpelier, Waterbury. From there I rode to Morrisville, Hardwick, Danbury and then to St Johnsbury. Crossed back into NH in Lancaster, rode over to Gorham, then down Rt 16 through Pinkham Notch and back to home. All in all a great ride. Only one complaint - the roads in Vermont seem to be competing with the roads in Maine to see which are worse.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yesterday was a gorgeous day, so I took one of my bikes on a 250 mile ride. From my house in Intervale, NH through Crawford Notch State Park; by the Mt Washington Hotel (see smoke plume from Cog Railway way up high). On to & through Littleton, Lisbon & Bath, NH and then crossed into Wells River, VT. From Wells River I rode over to Barre, Montpelier, Waterbury. From there I rode to Morrisville, Hardwick, Danbury and then to St Johnsbury. Crossed back into NH in Lancaster, rode over to Gorham, then down Rt 16 through Pinkham Notch and back to home. All in all a great ride. Only one complaint - the roads in Vermont seem to be competing with the roads in Maine
Only one complaint - the roads in Vermont seem to be competing with the roads in Maine to see which are worse.
LoL
That is fact and some Nice pictures
You were over in my neck of the woods with the Hardwick area. We took the V1K on a 225 mile hike through St J, Littleton, Bath taking 112 to Woodstock then over through to Weirs Beach for the day. It was a gorgeous day and we circled around all the rain just a few damp roads.
We took no pictures though.

·
Administrator
498 Posts
LoL
That is fact and some Nice pictures
You were over in my neck of the woods with the Hardwick area. We took the V1K on a 225 mile hike through St J, Littleton, Bath taking 112 to Woodstock then over through to Weirs Beach for the day. It was a gorgeous day and we circled around all the rain just a few damp roads.
We took no pictures though.
You went to Laconia Bike Week, I went away from it as fast as possible. 😆😆😆

·
Registered
199 Posts
You went to Laconia Bike Week, I went away from it as fast as possible. 😆😆😆
The wife had never been and I thought being the last weekend it wouldn't be too bad. I enjoy checking out all the bikes lol. It was actually surprisingly good with the only hectic part being about a half mile either side of Weirs itself.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Did a little high country riding with my son before Father’s Day. Did NC80, 226a and 181 with lunch at Little Switzerland Cafe.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yesterday was a gorgeous day, so I took one of my bikes on a 250 mile ride. From my house in Intervale, NH through Crawford Notch State Park; by the Mt Washington Hotel (see smoke plume from Cog Railway way up high). On to & through Littleton, Lisbon & Bath, NH and then crossed into Wells River, VT. From Wells River I rode over to Barre, Montpelier, Waterbury. From there I rode to Morrisville, Hardwick, Danbury and then to St Johnsbury. Crossed back into NH in Lancaster, rode over to Gorham, then down Rt 16 through Pinkham Notch and back to home. All in all a great ride. Only one complaint - the roads in Vermont seem to be competing with the roads in Maine to see which are worse.
Love it up there.We have a close friend in Sugar Hill and we typically go up once or twice a year. I always tell my wife that one day I’m going to bring my bike up. Beautiful area to ride.

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
49 Posts
Just got back from Deal Gap (5/14-18/21 week) Had a BLAST!! Chased this couple, he was flying, her not so much, but better then me. She pulled me along, and when she would get out on me in the corners, I was able to make it back up in the straights. Loved chasing her pretty ass!! (Evil grin) That evening had a Triumph pull me threw the Gap. Once again he wasn't going 10-tens, and I could catch up on the straights. Got to know my bike very well that week. On my last day, I was able to push even harder passed what they took me. This bike is so easy to ride hard, it never put a foot wrong all week!!! Man I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,882 Posts
First decent ride, now done 218mls. Visited the "Pond" Ponderosa Wales.

Video clip Here
Rev counter info light set at 5,500 max for first 500 mls = white square.
Greens come on @ -1000 and yellow @ -500.
Note TC control set on 3 out of 5 which I think is the same as 3 on previous model.

181 - 200 of 203 Posts