GSXS 1000 Forum banner
201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
I'm starting to really like the look of the new model. It will be interesting to see what they come out with for the 'T' (y)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Only one complaint - the roads in Vermont seem to be competing with the roads in Maine to see which are worse.
extensive rd work happening in central vt right now.
Next summer the rds should be amazing .. in comparison that is lol
Rt 11 from Manchester to Chester has fresh asphalt. Unfortunately, that's where the fun stops for 11 at the moment. Plus that road is boring into Springfield; take 103 north or south instead.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Took a quick ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Was so nice at a average of 75 degrees today most everywhere I rode and got as low as 65 on the parkway.
September 2019. That is a fun road despite having to mind the wrist. I passed through on a Monday and didn't encounter any LEO, though. You in Virginia?

·
Registered
184 Posts
September 2019. That is a fun road despite having to mind the wrist. I passed through on a Monday and didn't encounter any LEO, though. You in Virginia?

I’m in North Carolina in Yadkin County area. Nice area and can be in the mountains in a short ride. Guessing you are in Virginia? Whereabouts?

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
213 Posts
Back of the Dragon is fun. And the Tail of the Dragon is awesome.
We're heading down to the Dragon October 5th to the 8th with a few friends!! Second time with the F model, just need the weather to hold out, but it is the Smokies!!!

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
213 Posts
Back to Deals Gap for my birthday week (Oct 1-7) with four friends. 2015 Suz GSX-S750 son ride, 2015 GSX-S1000 naked fathers ride, 2004 Ducati ST4, and my 2019 GSX-S1000FZ. It rained off and on all week , or rained all day. (We didn't go out on those days) We normally stay in Townsend TN, but hotel pricing is crazy this time of year!! So we've been staying at Dragon Pitt Inn & BBQ 865-253-3566 | On US129, only 9 miles from the famous Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap It's on 129 at 72 intersection, good prices and very clean place to stay!!

At the Dam:
Tire Wheel Cloud Fuel tank Sky
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

One of the rain days we stayed in (Yes the 2015 GSX-S1000 having rear wheel bearing issues, that's different story once we find out why:

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

His 22 year son bike was pulled under the staircase.

While father was looking for bearings his son and I went out, the Duc was tried from not sleeping the night before, so he stayed in. We did the Foot Hills Parkway, old and new part. The new part is sweet, very long swiping corners that last for days it seems!!

:cry:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

We had a great time, but they had to go home early because the 2015 GSX-S1000 ate another set of rear bearings the same day they were replaced!! :cry::cry: I stayed because the room was paid for and no refunds now. But I still had a super time by myself. My Sena 20S evo was playing music in my ears, so that made it better with no friends around. Did the Gap run twice on my last day and headed back to the Hotel for more water and headed to Townsend TN to eat dinner. Had dinner and decided to ride heading to Little River Gorge Rd, which turns into Fighting Creek Gap Rd to US441S at Sugarland visitor center. When I got at the end of the road, this flock of turkeys were eating in the island between the roads. It was crazy, these turkeys didn't care one bit that traffic was all around them, they just kept eating. The flock even had one almost albino turkey. LOL

Plant Tree Natural landscape Land lot Grass

This is where were eating goggle view:

Water resources Ecoregion Plant Terrestrial plant Land lot

On Fighting Creek Gap Rd:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

By the time I got back it was dark out, so I stopped one last time on the Foot Hills Parkway for a night photo looking over the cite lights:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

As normal though, all good things must come to an end, and we'll have to waiting until March of 2022 to return for more tire shredding fun!!

201 - 220 of 247 Posts