GSXS 1000 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
We live around a hundred miles apart. Met up for a day ride, hopefully we'll have another next season.

And a solid heell no to that contraption!
I'll second the heel no, not on my GSXS!
Now if I had a Suzuki DRZ400 or 250 sitting around, that would be a fun option!

·
Registered
217 Posts
PS:

I'll second the heel no, not on my GSXS!
Now if I had a Suzuki DRZ400 or 250 sitting around, that would be a fun option!
Ye , should have also said that would use 2 front skis, to heavy for just 1. and also a couple of outriggers at the rear shock activated withe small side skis, just in case of a tip over!

;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
just got her yesterday

put 203 miles on, just cruising the back roads and showing her off around town. today hitting southern ohio for a bit more of the twistys

·
Registered
15 Posts
Quick hour ride through amish country yesterday. Put a serious dent in the bug population by the looks of my helmet.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Just tooled around town today. No big miles. A couple quick 8K accelerations. But mainly just cruzin. Super happy with my bike. It really is a jack of all trades, and pretty much a master at them too. I also pulled apart my clutch lever and lubed the cable and all of the bits. It was feeling a little rough, and it's much better now. I did a loop around the neighborhood without my helmet (shame on me), and man the motor is just marvelous sounding even when it's not being wrung out. :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Did my regular loop yesterday morning and got roasted by three guys on nakeds, one of whom was in shorts... The ease with which they killed the corners was humbling.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Took another run at my salmon falls to 193 loop on Sunday. Ended up following a guy on an R1M with akra pipe. Dang that thing sounded great. Did a little better than Saturday, softened the suspension a click, felt a little better, was more focused too. Again this bike is so great. Seriously considering going Dano's flash and black widow header just for more noise and smoother throttle. So addictive.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yesterday I rode her to the dealer, getting a new ECU .Just by making a phone call,I'm feeling pretty good about it :).

·
Registered
982 Posts
Yesterday I rode her to the dealer, getting a new ECU .Just by making a phone call,I'm feeling pretty good about it :).
Here's hoping the new ECU is better than the old one. Let us know the results if you think about it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well I got the bike back today and I can't believe the difference, the snatch is gone. I was on the highway going 80 and I got it down to 70 just using the throttle , nice and smooth just the way I like it. The abrupt acceleration is gone as well, I swear it's like a whole new machine I couldn't be more pleased. The dealer told me it has the latest software in the ECU. Anyone who has a snatchy throttle call Suzuki n CA. make sure you tell them it is a "safety issue". My bike had no recall and it wasn't under warranty and they still honored their product. My dealer told me it was a $1300 job parts and labor so I'm pretty impressed with Suzuki.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #95

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
It's probably been 3 weeks since I've been on the bike (colder than sheet lately). I went to my grandkids Xmas program at school (in my car) and was going from there to work at about 10:30am when I noticed the temp had hit 44F, so I swung by the house and got on the bike. YeeeHaaaw! Sure feels good to get out and ride when it's been a while. Coming home was colder (36F) and dark, but still fun, even with traffic. I can hardly wait till it warms up though. :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
I got out and did a short ride yesterday. In colder weather I tend to spend more time on the V-strom or Helix which have much better wind protection so it slows down the cold seeping through all the cracks in the gear.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Well... almost a month, but finally got out today. It hit 40F today and I figured the bike was overdue for some lube distribution and I was way overdue for some saddle time so I went out for a nice ride.

It was great, and that's all I have to say about that. ;)

81 - 100 of 141 Posts