GSXS 1000 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well... almost a month, but finally got out today. It hit 40F today and I figured the bike was overdue for some lube distribution and I was way overdue for some saddle time so I went out for a nice ride.

It was great, and that's all I have to say about that. ;)
Jealous, we get dumped on every couple days here, just when the roads get clear enough to think about, more snow :'(

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Mike D
Where's your dam Tail Tidy?
Been there. Done that. Even though I don't like riding in rain, I end up on enough wet, muddy streets (on some bikes that I have put tidy tails on) that I now longer feel the need.

I know it is cosmetically superior, but it is definitely functionally deficient for my riding. :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Earlier this Winter I decided I had to escape the cold and snow of NH for a few days. I flew to San Diego last week to spend a few days with my wife who has been on the West Coast all Winter.

Last Thursday (February 7) I rented a 2018 Ducati SS from Vision Cycle Rental in San Diego for the day. I programed my GPS to avoid highways and tolls and headed out. Rode to Escondido, up to Temecula then Hemet, over to Carlsbad and then back to San Diego. The ride was roughly 200 miles through orchards, vineyards, farms, ranches & small cities; up & down canyons on winding roads; and lastly along the ocean shore. An excellent ride and great way to spend a day.

I had hope to make my way to & through Julianne, but mother nature had dropped some snow; and the roads were deemed to slippery to ride on. I also went looking for Dano’s Performance in Hemet. Found the street address easy enough; but I did not find his “shop”. I asked a couple of people at a local gas station and the Carl Jr’s about the shop, but no one knew anything – oh well…………

Comments on the Ducati SS. Decent horsepower once I got the RPMs up, but sluggish off the line. Several times felt the bike like it wanted to stall when starting off. Handling was nimble, suspension & brakes were good. And kudo’s to the seat – one of the better factory seats I have ridden on. At the end of the day – I realized I preferred both my Bandit & GSX-S1000f.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Commute today. Nothing special, other than riding in SLC this time of year.
It was a bit cold when I started.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Last weekend's trip was picking up a 2018 S1000F and riding home the long twisty way. Starting from Brisbane, through The Gap, up Mt Nebo, across to Mt Glorious, down the mountain and around Wivenhoe Dam. Then through the Lochyer valley, and crossing the Great Dividing Range at Pilton, through Warwick and finally home

Google Map

·
Registered
419 Posts
Last weekend's trip was picking up a 2018 S1000F and riding home the long twisty way. Starting from Brisbane, through The Gap, up Mt Nebo, across to Mt Glorious, down the mountain and around Wivenhoe Dam. Then through the Lochyer valley, and crossing the Great Dividing Range at Pilton, through Warwick and finally home

Google Map
Living the Dream yeah!

·
Registered
533 Posts

Google Map
That's a nice ride and congratulations on the new bike. I live in Hampton just north of Toowoomba and often ride those roads for fun.
It's a shame you didn't find a deal at Elite motorcycles Suzuki in Toowoomba. I bought my 2018 F new from them early this year and they are fantastic.
They also just picked up Yamaha and after sales service is outstanding.
Have fun on the new toy ;)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
What gear are you sporting to be comfortable in that weather?[/QUOTE

• a pair of e-gloves (7.4V rechargeable lipo battery powered by Mobile Warming - I don't think they make them anymore).
  • a layer of fleecy thermal underwear
  • sweatshirt
  • jeans
  • Speed and Strength Off the chain jacket with zip in hoody.
  • Dainese Freeland boots (acrylic/wool socks).
  • Shoei GT Air Helmet (with breath guard).
  • Tourmaster Overpants

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Had my first real ride of the year yesterday. Only around 170 miles locally but the traffic was very light and I think it will get even less.

The Corona Virus cloud has a silver lining.:)
So long as we're not banned off the roads altogether.:(

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Had my first real ride of the year yesterday. Only around 170 miles locally but the traffic was very light and I think it will get even less.

The Corona Virus cloud has a silver lining.:)
So long as we're not banned off the roads altogether.:(
Just tell them it's a new form of self isolating;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just a quick blast to the local bike stop to clear the cobwebs. Roads were quiet as expected but still a few bikes out and about.
@Beaker I was in Bristol to see my Dad yesterday, left at 5ish and it was an easy job getting to the M32/M4/M5, more like a Saturday night than a Monday rush hour.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
@Barstewardsquad
Roads were dead this morning. My commute was similar to riding on Boxing day.
Its great being out and about on the bike at the moment and if you are using a pay at pump station it's perfect for self isolating:laugh:
Hope you're Dads okay. If you're back down after all this is over you'll have to book a bit of extra time and I'll take you off on a few of the more interesting roads rather than the M4/M32 car park

·
Registered
208 Posts
@Barstewardsquad

Its great being out and about on the bike at the moment and if you are using a pay at pump station it's perfect for self isolating/forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png
And now I'm repeating myself. Must be going mad already/forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png
Don't fight it, sanity is highly overrated 🙂

Used to know the roads around Bristol well as was born and dragged up there. Used to enjoy the Abergavenny loop but these days I only get down to Bristol in the car for family visits.

101 - 120 of 141 Posts