GSXS 1000 Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Our weather here in Texas has been pretty terrible for riding lately. Our advantage in Texas to having terrible motorcycle roads is that we can ride year round, but sometimes that advantage is taken away from us. Seems like if we get a break in the rain, then it's cold and super windy. We had a beautiful weekend but I had family in town and couldn't get out. Yesterday was raining most of the day but as I got off work here at home, I noticed the sun shining. I went outside and there were nasty clouds all around but right this moment the sun was shining and the wind was low an the temps were about 80F. I went inside and my wife asked if I'd run to the store for a small item that'd fit in a coat pocket. Of course I'll go!

Pulled the bike out and remembered the registration is past due, so I tied in getting the inspection done so I can take care of that while I was out. Not very exciting running down our country road to the next town over to take care of these things, but after so long it was just good to get out on two wheels.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I rode my bike on the Pacific Coast High Way today (March 31, 2019). I was so over joyed. This was a really nice ride with a beautiful beach view. I went from the end of the 10 Santa Monica Fwy to the Malibu city limit going to Santa Barbara. I noticed there were plenty of bike riders having fun on PCH. I'll take some pictures as soon as the summer gets here.

·
Registered
303 Posts
A sweet 100 mile (160km) ride this afternoon from my home in Intervale, NH (in the Mt Washington Valley) to Wolfeboro, to Moultonborough and back home. Perfect ride to seat the new brakes and stretch the new chain a bit. From the snow on Mt Washington to the open water on Lake Winnipesaukee and back................ Ahhhhhhhh...........

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Blue Ridge Parkway, via hwy 276 from Greenville SC. All the way up to Mt Mitchell. Probably 250ish miles of twisty roads. Best weather you could want and the bike is performing great. Need to tweak the shock preload a tiny bot still, bit a stellar ride.

Attachments

121 - 131 of 131 Posts