GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2016 GSX-S1000F with 2100 miles on it and the jerking throttle makes it really hard to ride. I read that an ECU flash can eliminate it. Does anyone know of where to get this done in Houston?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
about local, local isnt always better. my local guy is named schnitz, I skipped him and go to Danos. hes done my bikes for like 10 years, he is good at what he does. he will take care of you. 190 bucks round trip. schnitz terrible customer service, etc.. wont get my business. everytime I spoke to him he treated me like crap.

use the search bar, put "danos or dano performance" a lot of people here use him.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I contacted Danos and will send them my ECU soon. They seem to be aware of the GSXS throttle issue. I appreciate the recommendation. I just have to figure out how to get all the fairings off the bike in one piece.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Thanks. I contacted Danos and will send them my ECU soon. They seem to be aware of the GSXS throttle issue. I appreciate the recommendation. I just have to figure out how to get all the fairings off the bike in one piece.
just take your time, the naked took me bout 10 minutes to remove the pieces needed, but ive had fairing gsxr's just double check all the clips are removed, and pull gently but firm. I have a big piece of carpet I lay out, I put the pieces down, and the bolts by the holes so I can re assemble easily

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,377 Posts
Download This PDF and scroll down to faring removal pages starts around page 67.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got a Woolich Racing tune and swapped out the original throttle for a Katana throttle tube.
Very smooth around town now.
The original throttle tube is cammed where the Katana throttle tube is concentric.
Cheers.
I sent off my ecu to Danos and hope that will cure the problem. How hard is it to replace the throttle with the Kantana?

·
Administrator
639 Posts
I sent off my ecu to Danos and hope that will cure the problem. How hard is it to replace the throttle with the Kantana?
Throttle Tube is easy - 30 minutes. However you will likely find that Dano's Flash solves the issue(s) and not need the Katana Throttle Tube. I actually went to a "quicker" Throttle Tube from G2 Ergonomics & love it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Don’t change throttle until you ride w flash. You most likely won’t feel the need.
Won’t hurt to ride it and see. I personally felt my throttle was perfect w flash and stock tube.

I’m saying this because may save yourself some cash and effort. Double win

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don’t change throttle until you ride w flash. You most likely won’t feel the need.
Won’t hurt to ride it and see. I personally felt my throttle was perfect w flash and stock tube.

I’m saying this because may save yourself some cash and effort. Double win
If you do decide to change the throttle tube use a G2 throttle tube.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the ecu back today from Danos and it is night and day better. Very little jerkiness. The bike is now rideable. Thanks to everyone for the recommendation.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I got the ecu back today from Danos and it is night and day better. Very little jerkiness. The bike is now rideable. Thanks to everyone for the recommendation.
let us know if you think you still need a throttle tube. I loved my gsxs after the flash, along w many others. Go enjoy that beast of a bike now with her full potential unlocked!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
let us know if you think you still need a throttle tube. I loved my gsxs after the flash, along w many others. Go enjoy that beast of a bike now with her full potential unlocked!
I am thinking I want to try the G2. Do you have any step by step instructions for it? I checked the G2 site and their videos are for simple throttles without the switches, etc. I see one large screw and two at the bottom.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Bicycle part

1 - 20 of 34 Posts