GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone put on their chain? wax or lube and which brand people like the best 0:) I like the white wax on the chain from new but what is it ??

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
I use Silkolene lube. I'm not a fan of wax as it retains grit better and I want to see a shiny chain not one that's gunked up. I use cheap as chips maintenance spray (fake WD40?) to clean the chain with a chain brush. I love cleaning chains.

I'm not having a pop at people who use wax this is my preference and reason why.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I received Motul Chain Lube when I got the bike, but I prefer the BelRay which I used before

Reactions: lee711

·
Registered
840 Posts
Oh no, this is like an oil question, fifty replies, fifty different opinions, lol.

Personally, and I'm right and everyone else is wrong :laugh:, I don't like the lube to fling all over my rear wheel so for that reason I use a wax spray, specifically Maxima. I lube every 500 miles or so then clean and lube every 1000 or so. Chain is holding up great and looks like new.

The wax sprays will pick up a little more dust but if you lube and clean them on a regular basis it will have no effect on how well they lube and do their job. There are people who will tell you that they lube every few thousand miles, never clean their chains and have zero problems. I'm too obsessive/compulsive for that. :laugh:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I use the Motul chain lube myself and am very happy with it.

Roddie

Reactions: lee711
1 - 10 of 10 Posts