GSXS 1000 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Well, I had been looking at the Shoei GT-Air for a while, and when I found the Suzuki Limited Edition model that matched my bike on ebay for an insanely low price I had to have it. I has exceeded my expectations for fit, comfort, ventilation, and head turns at speed.
It is tight at the bottom, so putting it on is not as easy as my other lids.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use a Shoei Qwest, but I dont know how good it is compared to other helmets b/c its my first and only helmet.
But I like it, so far. I decided to get it b/c it was light and itI felt the most comfortable in it.

hi, I'm looking for a good helmet.
Especially for mitigating the excessive noise.
What's your experience?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I thought you where Toni Elias for a second..........

Well, I had been looking at the Shoei GT-Air for a while, and when I found the Suzuki Limited Edition model that matched my bike on ebay for an insanely low price I had to have it. I has exceeded my expectations for fit, comfort, ventilation, and head turns at speed.
It is tight at the bottom, so putting it on is not as easy as my other lids.
:eek: hopefully it's not a Chinese special, like some of the Yamaha leathers (that ripped apart in testing) found in the UK by the cops along with phony helmets.

How are you Mike,

Nice looking helmet, it's on the Suzuki site (wonder if they will have a gsxs jacket/ i don't mind advertising this bike, am afraid of low sales and discontinue it:(.

I really like the gt air, have had it for a couple of years (sun visor still good) the sun visor sold me on it (no more stopping to put on glasses ey?! :cool:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
:eek: hopefully it's not a Chinese special, like some of the Yamaha leathers (that ripped apart in testing) found in the UK by the cops along with phony helmets.

How are you Mike,

Nice looking helmet, it's on the Suzuki site (wonder if they will have a gsxs jacket/ i don't mind advertising this bike, am afraid of low sales and discontinue it:(.

I really like the gt air, have had it for a couple of years (sun visor still good) the sun visor sold me on it (no more stopping to put on glasses ey?! :cool:
It's the real deal. It was from a Honda dealer in the mid-west and it wasn't really insanely low, just lower than any other place I could find it by quite a bit ($650 USD shipped).
I really like it. The fit and finish are fantastic, and the color match is perfect (to my old eyes). On the hottest days, I still grab my Icon AirFrame Pro, because that thing flows so much air, it's like not wearing a helmet, but once the temps subside, it's my go-to helmet.
If you want a cool limited edition helmet that matches the bike, I'd grab it, because who knows how long it will be available.
:)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Seems like almost everyone has a Shoei.
Shoei has been at it for a while and it shows. I was looking for a new helmet and tried dozens on for fit and I have used Arai's for the last couple, but they all seem to get noisy after about 6 months of daily use.
What I have noticed is that the neck roll on the Arai's does get quickly deformed from moving the head up and down with the foam crumbling internally from soaking the sweat from the neck in summer.

The Shoei has a lot more depth to their neck roll, somewhere around twice the depth at the neck of the Arai, and I am a Shoei convert again.
With my Arai XD4, I retrofitted 5 mm thicker cheek/ear pads to try to quiet it down and fitted an accessory Shoei Whisper kit to give me a closed up bottom fit around my neck area.

The Whisper kit is a great and cheap solution and does make it a bit summer hotter as free extra. The best part of the kit was that it fitted my non shoei helmet with a bit of pushing and shoving.
But the Arai RX-7R & RX-Q were both a non fit.

It is very cheap (Au$40) and it clips in between the black plastic trim at the base of the helmet and only clashed with the chin strap tabs.
When I put it on it's no issue, but on removing the helmet, I place my thumbs on the whisper thing to stop it pulling out.
I've been using it for 6 months and love it, and saved me buying again for a while.

It was made for a few Shoei's from a few years ago. I think the Q West is the last available in production.
The picture below was from the www, it's not my helmet.

Rob.

·
Registered
109 Posts
On my first bike I had a Scorpion EXO model full face, this was about 6-7 years ago and it was very comfortable.

I tried Scorpion's new flagship modular and it was just plain painful to wear.

I ended up trying 8 or so helmets from Bell to whatever. All of their flagship modulars. It came down to Shoei and Schuberth. Shoei was a tad more comfortable initially but the Schuberth was slimmer and much quieter. Went with the Schuberth and now I own two C3 Pros. I put the integrated Sena 10U made for the helmet in one and it works great. Couldn't be happier with the quality.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Anyone sporting a Nexx helmet? I was checking out the carbon model in white and also the white XR2 tri-composite version that runs about $150-$200 less. Either flows with the color scheme of my white F model and they're suppose to be pretty light weight at near three lbs. Either would also be a modern update to my dated 92' vintage Arai quantum. Tough choosing with so many to consider. Anyway here's the link to the Nexx site......................................... I'm leaning toward the tri-composite in plain white at just under $300.

https://www.nexxnorthamerica.com/collections/racing

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I love my GT-Air and was looking for one when I found one that perfectly matched my bike. Couldn't pass it up, and I've been very happy with it. Very quiet (compared to my other helmets), very good and controllable ventilation, and room for Sena headset.
I wear it 90% of my rides, and I have 3 other helmets.

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just got the new AGV sport modular carbon not been out on the bike since I got it last week. Its just soooo comfortable and getting great reviews

·
Registered
566 Posts
Just got my 2nd Shoei X14

First one I installed a head set in and didn't like the wind coming off the headset pod on the side of the helmet while riding the GSX. Mentioned it around my wife and she bought me the helmet. So I got another black X14 just like first one. Now I'm good with or with out the headset pod turbulence.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts