GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know what the difference between the metzler m7rr and dunlop sport smart are, i have always gone for sport smart but lots on here rave about the metzler, just wondered which is the most sportier

·
Registered
299 Posts
They don't make the SportSmart tire for the US market. If they are anything like the Q3 Sportmax, then they are equal in performance, depending on the reviewer of course.

But still, the M7rr is the hottest tire on the market right now and I already plan to switch to that tire in about another 1,000 miles. Mostly for it's unprecedented wet weather grip. The Dunlop doesn't have as good wet weather reviews that the Metzler has.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't make the SportSmart tire for the US market. If they are anything like the Q3 Sportmax, then they are equal in performance, depending on the reviewer of course.

But still, the M7rr is the hottest tire on the market right now and I already plan to switch to that tire in about another 1,000 miles. Mostly for it's unprecedented wet weather grip. The Dunlop doesn't have as good wet weather reviews that the Metzler has.
cheers thumper will prob go for the new m7rr when i need to change, if the weather ever warms up here and i get to use the bike more lol

·
Registered
147 Posts

The Dunlop doesn't have as good wet weather reviews that the Metzler has.

Not sure if you talking about Dunlops in general or the specific tyre you referred to. I could not understand reason guys were complaining about the standard Dunlops on our bike, since I have had a great time with them with great grip. But this is in dry conditions and warmer weather. Two weekends ago almost lost the rear in wet weather and not even that wet, just a little Autumn showers from the heat, coming out of a corner. Don't even think I accelerated that hard and just lost grip. Definitely have ridden same stretch of road much harder with other bikes and other tyres in the wet and no problems.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure they are no better. Just pointed out that I read some great reviews on the 77s.

·
Registered
234 Posts
MCN has a tyre review this week. Quite surprised how far down the PR4's came. M7 RR's came top in the sports tyres for road again.
I have just put on PR4" s as every time I open the garage door Noah floats by but when I get full confidence on this bike will go for the Metzler's

·
Registered
249 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts