GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes, looks great and non-obtrusive.

Just went for a ride, and I like it - a lot. I could feel a difference. Bike feels more "stable" - as it should!
And it's not a band-aid, my Race Tech suspension was spot on before the Toby. A definite improvement in, well, stability. Bike feels solid and planted.

I have the adjuster 1 click from full stiff to feel the effect. Still steers easily, Definitely not as powerful as my GPR, but just the right amount of dampening.

Are me and Pulsar the only ones here whom have recently bought the Toby? No more reviews?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just got around to install the Toby, fit and finish perfect. When you cut the opening in the plastic ignition key shroud, cut needs to go all the way up to the lip.

I will test later today and post back, but to me "visually" appears to be a small unit for such a big bike. By stationary feel, I have the adjuster on almost full stiff - to get the same feel comparing to the rotary GPR on my ZX-10R.

PULSAR, what is your review? Anyone else have a new Toby and comments?
I am in the middle of adjusting my handlebar and the quick shifter(this is addictive) I installed along with the damper and didn't get to play around much with the damper. Did quite a few accelerations testing the QS(WOT all the way into 6th) with some high speed runs and no wobble/shakes. I will work on adjusting the damper once I get the handlebar setup the way I want it - but so far it has been smooth operation. Will provide more updates as I try the adjustments a bit more.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks Pulsar, I don't quite see the correlation between "adjusting my handlebar and the quick shifter"? But not to derail this thread, let us know what you think about the Toby once you can focus on it!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had quite a few changes being done on the bike at the same time - so could not clearly focus on the changes due to the damper. Agree with your earlier statement - the damper at its highest setting does not increase the effort to turn the handlebars too much. Quick push does result in a fair bit of resistance - so tank slappers should get damped very well.

·
Administrator
388 Posts
Within an hour of emailing Burch (sales) at Fast Bikes, he got back to me and the order was placed. They have a shipment coming in from Belgium next week, so apparently they will have a supply on hand. I mentioned this forum and Rapido1; and got what I think is a decent price and free shipping.
Anyway, heavy snow expected today, bike is put away and the skis are out. Guess this will be a March / April install.;)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nice! Definitely the best option for our bike ... on almost full stiff it works well, makes the bike feel more solid. nice little snow project for you!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I received an answer today from my inquiry. I am not going to buy right now, as I am unemployed currently. But I will save the following:

"
I do have the black color damper and mounting kit here in stock at the shop; we can ship this today if you wish.

The retail price is $427.50 - depending on your location, you may qualify for free shipping.

If you have any questions or comments I will be glad to assist.

Thank you, I look forward to your response.

Burch Wadewitz
Sales & Shipping Manager

Fast Bike Industries
211 Duncan Hill Road
Hendersonville, NC 28792

(828) 435-0125
Website
"

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hey Gritty, Wow! That is a bit more than I paid - but I guess if you are not in a position to buy right now, you are not in a position to negotiate either. Obviously FBI needs to make a profit, they are the only U.S. Distributor for Toby - and we all want to support our "small" local businesses.

I am still enjoying this quality damper and feel it is worth the price.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey Gritty, Wow! That is a bit more than I paid - but I guess if you are not in a position to buy right now, you are not in a position to negotiate either. Obviously FBI needs to make a profit, they are the only U.S. Distributor for Toby - and we all want to support our "small" local businesses.

I am still enjoying this quality damper and feel it is worth the price.
Good to know, thanks.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts