GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: was coming to a stop and turning off traction control forgot to put my feet down. fell over like a tree. broke the brake lever and just a small scratch. got lucky :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
That sucks. Had a friend who did that on his Harley on the way home from the bar. Forgot to put his feet down when he stopped haha. I would have taken his keys but he is twice my size and a Ahole when drunk!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Years ago I parked my bike in my friends cul-de-sac, but didn't realize how steep the incline was between the street and his yard and as soon as I put it on the kick stand a stepped away, it fell over. Live and learn. I am glad you didn't tear it up. Do you have any protection on the bike (frame, engine or axle sliders)?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I was adjusting the handlebars on one of my bikes and kept having to...
1) get on, 2) raise kick stand, 3) feel the bars and the bike side to side, 4) put kick stand down, 5) get off adjust
repeat...
Well, after about the 6th time of doing that, I forgot step 4 ... so I can empathize with you.
;)

·
Registered
719 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I had dropped my 2016 on the second day of ownership. I was so used to the weight of my FZ07 that I underestimated the extra hundred pounds this bike weighs.... I scratched the **** out of the clutch cover and side of the front fender.... happened at a stoplight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I had dropped my 2016 on the second day of ownership. I was so used to the weight of my FZ07 that I underestimated the extra hundred pounds this bike weighs.... I scratched the **** out of the clutch cover and side of the front fender.... happened at a stoplight
Wow, you came from an FZ-07 too? That was what I traded for my F. I had originally planned to keep both, but after a test ride on the GXSS, I knew the FZ-07 wouldn't get ridden much. ;)
Don't get me wrong though, I loved that bike and sometimes miss it's quick handling, low rpm torque, and easy wheelies!
>:D

·
Registered
444 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Axle sliders and engine cover my friend.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I was a temporary owner of a new M109 Cruiser till my back said no more. I parked it up the driveway one morning after a ride, got off forgetting to put the side stand down.
The frame is so close to the deck and balanced so well, seemed OK to just get off. My mind was away elsewhere.

Till a second later when it fell over to the left side, to a 45 deg angle and quite happy to stay like that.
The 1/2" thick foot peg bracket took the full weight and being so close to the ground it went down while I had some parting grip on the handle bar.
Helped that the tyres kept some traction too.
Zero damage except to my dented ego and easily righted up again.

Rob.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I droped mine too at a gas station rolling it to the next pump hit some oil, bad time to slip when I have a motorcycle in my hands. $170 bucks later the bike is perfect again still pissed me off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
GB Racing, RG Racing, Trex, Woodcraft, etc. Google engine case savers for GSXS1000.
Thanks! I like the Yohimura ones although a bit pricey. Will get those next.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts