GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
we do it also - we use both i used flash tune the first time and the base file they have is the CA bike threw error code for evap syst. i then read the file off a 49 state and made the appropriate changes.

i havent used our woolich stuff yet but i do have it ( they used my ecu to create the bin for the country). it took them longer to get it out that is the only reason software works fine.

jason

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ryan Schnitz Racing in Indiana is reflashing the GSX-S1000 using Woolich software. He used my stock bike on his dyno to develop a base flash. Full Yoshimura system coming soon, then we will retune.

All restrictions removed
timing advanced
timing retard in lower gears removed
exhaust valve opens sooner
tip in throttle enriched for smoother throttle application
O2 turned off
fans come on sooner

Peak power gains are not outrageous, but the difference is noticeable, especially in gears 1-3. Stock bike reflash is available now from Ryan. I have no affiliation with RSR, just a satisfied customer! He tuned my 2008 zx10r via Woolich with great results also.

Ryan Schnitz Racing

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ryan Schnitz Racing in Indiana is reflashing the GSX-S1000 using Woolich software. He used my stock bike on his dyno to develop a base flash. Full Yoshimura system coming soon, then we will retune.

All restrictions removed
timing advanced
O2 turned off
fans come on sooner

Peak power gains are not outrageous, but the difference is noticeable, especially in gears 1-3. Stock bike reflash is available now from Ryan. I have no affiliation with RSR, just a satisfied customer! He tuned my 2008 zx10r via Woolich with great results also.

Ryan Schnitz Racing

How long did it take them to build the stock flash, reason I ask is I actually rang Dynobike in Melbourne this morning who is the flash tune agent to book my bike in for the ECU tune but they said they haven't had a GSXS yet and they would need it for two weeks to set up the base map which ain't going to happen

·
Registered
222 Posts

All restrictions removed
timing advanced
O2 turned off
fans come on sooner

Ryan Schnitz Racing

Thanks for posting!
Standing by to see what the full exhaust / tune do.

·
Registered
86 Posts
How long did it take them to build the stock flash, reason I ask is I actually rang Dynobike in Melbourne this morning who is the flash tune agent to book my bike in for the ECU tune but they said they haven't had a GSXS yet and they would need it for two weeks to set up the base map which ain't going to happen
Ryan had the bike for a few days, not sure how much time he has invested. I will say he is a true professional. Woolich, stand alone ECU tuning and building drag bikes is what he does.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ryan had the bike for a few days, not sure how much time he has invested. I will say he is a true professional. Woolich, stand alone ECU tuning and building drag bikes is what he does.
I know this thread is a couple months old, but want to add to it. Waiting to get mine back from Ryan also. I have had him flash my last 4 bikes and they always seem to perform great. Hoping to have similar experience with GSX S. Just for the others looking, he has our model listed on his website now. Not affiliated in any way with his business, just a repeat satisfied customer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know this thread is a couple months old, but want to add to it. Waiting to get mine back from Ryan also. I have had him flash my last 4 bikes and they always seem to perform great. Hoping to have similar experience with GSX S. Just for the others looking, he has our model listed on his website now. Not affiliated in any way with his business, just a repeat satisfied customer.
My bike is -1+3 and with Ryans woolich tune, the bike is a riot. Everyone that has rode it said it rips, no matter what they are riding. My zx10r made 20 more hp at the tire, i honestly dont miss it as this is a totally different type of riding experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My bike is -1+3 and with Ryans woolich tune, the bike is a riot. Everyone that has rode it said it rips, no matter what they are riding. My zx10r made 20 more hp at the tire, i honestly dont miss it as this is a totally different type of riding experience.
Ah man love to hear that. May have to rethink my plan for -1+1.

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
**** that seems kinda steep to me "ECU reflashing* - $350-$450" RSR . You plug in a device and push a map. At least with flashtune you can buy the flasher for close to the same price. They're base flash is a lot cheaper too.

https://ftecu.com/shop/15-16-gsxs-1000-data-link-ecu-flashing-kits/
It's a very fair price if you consider that it gets you a tune made for YOUR bike. Try flashing the base FTECU tune to your bike and see if it runs as good as a custom tune... News flash, it won't. Some people are fine with playing with their tune every few days, trying to dial it in by feel (or by datalogging), but the only way to get your fueling 100% right is ON A DYNO.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's a very fair price if you consider that it gets you a tune made for YOUR bike. Try flashing the base FTECU tune to your bike and see if it runs as good as a custom tune... News flash, it won't. Some people are fine with playing with their tune every few days, trying to dial it in by feel (or by datalogging), but the only way to get your fueling 100% right is ON A DYNO.
What's with the yelling? Did I attack you some how?

I'm confused on your description of a tune made for my bike. Per this thread his tune was made off another members bike. Per his site there is no tuning done on an ECU flash

"ECU reflashing is considered any device that does not allow live tuning changes. (ECU Editor, Woolich Racing, Flash Tune, Screaming Eagle and Power Vision among others."

I'm also not seeing our bike listed:

"
We currently offer ECU reflashing for the following models with no software or interface purchase required . A small wiring harness may need to be installed on the vehicle and could add up to $45 to the cost of tuning depending on model and year. (One time fee)

Kawasaki ZX-6R (09-14)
Kawasaki ZX-10R (04-15)
Kawasaki ZX-14R (06-15)
Suzuki GSXR600 (04-15)
Suzuki GSXR750 (04-15)
Suzuki GSXR1000 (05-15)
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa (02-15)
"

So is he flashing a previously developed ecu map, or reading data off the ecu sent to make a custom tune on that ecu?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts