GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Piggy backing off another thread (Oldest Rider Here). I'm 61 and did my first trackday on the GSXS in March. It was excellent, except for the rear shock (future project).

What tire set up are you running I’m trying to go to the track soon and I want to get a set of tires for the track, I might gear it down as well but just for the track I love this bike,

Looking great!! Much lower than the sports bike back there, where do you ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's currently wearing Michelin Pilot Power 3 tires. I like them a lot, but the next set will be the new Michelin Power RS tires (read Kevin Cameron's column in the August 2017 Cycle World).

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Piggy backing off another thread (Oldest Rider Here). I'm 61 and did my first trackday on the GSXS in March. It was excellent, except for the rear shock (future project).
That's freakin' awesome bilbo! Congrats! I have you by a couple years, and so that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
you got me by 10 years, awesome to see you tracking your bike, I plan on taking my gsxs to the track soon, I used to do lots of track days on my gsxr, still have my leathers and tire warmers, keep on tracking, have to find my track pics, only one for now, lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Kind of amazing how some riders hone in on the GSX-S1000 as the bike of choice. Sometimes x-racers or serious sport-bike guys that want something more comfortable, and sometimes long time riders looking for something with more performance and versatility, and sometimes old a-holes like me that just have ridden a lot of bikes and find this one scratches the itch. It's all good (even though I hate that expression, because it's never ALL GOOD)!

Don't get me started! ;)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
This is the longest I have ever kept a bike in my life and that's a long time.
Four years old at end of May and 30,300 miles. There will be another 1000 or so on by the end of the week. I'm touring Scotland, leaving in about an hour.:):):)
PS. Never had my knee down.

·
Registered
890 Posts
This is the longest I have ever kept a bike in my life and that's a long time.
Four years old at end of May and 30,300 miles. There will be another 1000 or so on by the end of the week. I'm touring Scotland, leaving in about an hour.:):):)
PS. Never had my knee down.
Finding a bike you want to keep is a very awesome feeling. However, some people don't see the easy way to keep bikes a long time when they have that itch for something new. It's pretty simple though, don't replace bikes in your garage, add bikes to your garage. :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
I didn't mean to imply that was my first trackday ever; it was my first trackday on the GSXS.
Ok, gotcha. I was thinking you were doing very well in those photos. I can't wait to finally get my GSX-S out to the track. I haven't been in a few years and the last time was on my DRZ400SM I had at the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts