GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So many people around me say "I seen you yesterday". Doesn't any one know they should say "I saw you yesterday"? It makes one sound red-neck. Another one is when people say something like "We have not ran those parts yet" when it should be "We have not run those parts yet". Again sounds ingnant. Rant over. 馃槣. What happened to common english?

Registered
My pet hate is when people say should of instead of should have. Also nothink instead of nothing and insert you know every few words in a conversation and................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
My pet hate is when people say should of instead of should have. Also nothink instead of nothing and insert you know every few words in a conversation and................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Should of.....great.....now I have a new one I hate. Thanks.....馃榿馃槅

Registered
I always enjoyed the differences in the work meanings. What someone from the uk might say vs what we say.ny.

My uk friend had a locally based radio show, here in Utah. I loved calling in and telling him I was going to drive over and kick him in the fanny...very different meaning to what he was familiar with.

Registered
I'll add the ever-growing misuse of 'myself'. Such as, 'William and myself went for a ride '. Or, 'If you need help, call my wife or myself'.'

Drives me nuts...

Registered
So many people around me say "I seen you yesterday". Doesn't any one know they should say "I saw you yesterday"? It makes one sound red-neck. Another one is when people say something like "We have not ran those parts yet" when it should be "We have not run those parts yet". Again sounds ingnant. Rant over. 馃槣. What happened to common english?
If I knew what you were talking about I would agree with you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts