GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
MTC in Burscough have done a couple of these conversions using their own range of end cans. Just like the gixxer 1k's of older days hey. As much as i like the symmetry of it, I still prefer the single smaller compact cans.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I personally do not like those tailpipes and then I wonder how it would be the balance of the bike as it was designed with only one tailpipe. Yes, the bike is particular but I definitely prefer to have only one of the exhaust, since two cost twice as much!:laugh:

·
Registered
890 Posts
I wonder how it affects the performance of the bike. I know the old TL1000R came with two pipes and many did a single pipe conversion on them but the performance took a hit and wasn't as good as having two. I wonder if this is better or worse for the GSX-S.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I saw that at Bala too yesterday. Spoke to the guy, he was a scouser and very pleased that his bike drew so much attention.

We Gixxus riders in the UK really need to tie up more as to where we are going. Saw 4 GSXS1000s and 2 F's at Bala and a few more at the Ponderosa.

My group was a real Mix, MT10, MT09, GSR750, GSXS750 and GSXS1000F. Great start to BST :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Exactly ..... Having 2 tailpipes would only serve to attract more attention but at the level of performance or comfort would not bring any advantage. Rather.....

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is no accounting for taste we spend / waste our money according to our desires, if it makes you feel good then that's all that matters.

As for me, I am very happy with the stock setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts