GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2020 1000F Phantom - White
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, loving my bike, but really need a wider / taller screen.

I DON'T want a huge touring type screen like the Suzuki option, so would like potential feedback on a few options I have seen, I'd like a bit more height but am more interested in a bit more width to shield the chest and shoulders.
These are on a shortlist;

Ermax
MRA Sport / Touring
Powerbronze

Any feedback please anyone?

Thanks, Jay

· Registered
2020 Suzuki GSX-S1000F
2 Posts
An inexpensive wind deflector might work for you as it worked with me. Prior to installation the wind is hitting directly into my chest and helmet. Speed above 80 mph requires me to tuck in especially if going against the wind. Also, looking over your shoulders to confirm safe lane change requires energy to push the helmet back to its original position. With the wind deflector, i can look over my shoulders with no problem as very little wind resistance pushing back my helmet. I believe this is a safety issue particularly if you're not used to wind gust and cross wind.
Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle

· Registered
4 Posts
An inexpensive wind deflector might work for you as it worked with me. Prior to installation the wind is hitting directly into my chest and helmet. Speed above 80 mph requires me to tuck in especially if going against the wind. Also, looking over your shoulders to confirm safe lane change requires energy to push the helmet back to its original position. With the wind deflector, i can look over my shoulders with no problem as very little wind resistance pushing back my helmet. I believe this is a safety issue particularly if you're not used to wind gust and cross wind.
View attachment 49547
How tall are you? I am ear on 6 foot and am interested in this as a solution to the buffeting to the helmet area!

· Registered
165 Posts
I went with a powerbronze double bubble, sorted all issues i had of having to grip about 80mph. The black i choose went with the bike and get it a better look the original. I’m 6ft as well and felt before the wind was landing on my chest which pushed me backwards..
Hope this helps

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi Stephen here from Australia, I tried the puig screen for a while, it does work well for the size that it is. But I settled on a MRA touring screen works well. I have a tank bag which at speed or highway riding I lean on and the screen keeps the air flow smooth cool as.cheers steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts