GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had the first service done by my dealer but want to do the rest myself, does anyone know if my warranty will be affected if i do it myself, i am in the uk

·
Registered
204 Posts
I belive that they cant say you must used a "Suzuki Dealer" but they can insure that a profecianal qualified mechanic does the work. Basically this means you can get it done in any prof motorcycle shop without loosing the warrentee. However only suzuki delaers are able to access the suzuki online part and register the service against your bike.

·
Registered
474 Posts
You can use any qualified garage but it must ba carried out using genuine suzuki parts

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
You can use any qualified garage but it must ba carried out using genuine suzuki parts

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yep!
I've just had my 7500m service done at my local garage as opposed to the main dealer in town. As long as he's using genuine parts and stamps your book you will be fine.

As a side note: I've also just contacted the AA about cover in Europe. They will cover you for brake down in the UK but not on the continent.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yep!
I've just had my 7500m service done at my local garage as opposed to the main dealer in town. As long as he's using genuine parts and stamps your book you will be fine.

As a side note: I've also just contacted the AA about cover in Europe. They will cover you for brake down in the UK but not on the continent.
The AA gave me a quote for Europe cover for my trip in June, £75 for a single trip 8 days cover, so I went with ETA for £25

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Thanks Zak,
I've done the same. Mine was about half that from the AA but it was just an add on to my existing car car policy so that might explain the price difference.
Not long now, off on Tuesday. Just got some final bits and bobs to get today (puncture kit and a small chain lube) and I'm all set:D

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks Zak,
I've done the same. Mine was about half that from the AA but it was just an add on to my existing car car policy so that might explain the price difference.
Not long now, off on Tuesday. Just got some final bits and bobs to get today (puncture kit and a small chain lube) and I'm all set:D
No worries Beaker, enjoy the trip and hope the weather holds for you, I did exactly the same re. puncture and chain, I took a Dynaplug carbon and some mini co2 canisters, (which luckily we never used and are still under my seat) and a small can of chain lube and lubed the chain everyother day

1 - 10 of 10 Posts