GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I 'think' the front footpegs for the 2006-2011 GSXR will fit the GSXS 1000? They look to be the same?
IF that is true then I think the extended 25mm and 40mm front footpegs made by MC-MOTOPARTS for the GSXR will fit the GSXS-1000.
Dealerships can call up a parts picture/schematic with the part's number maybe that would be a way to find out...ANY THOUGHTS on how to help an old fart with long legs?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Part numbers are coming up different for other mfgs's. I doubt they'll fit. Rearsets are usually model specific across the board, especially since they bolt to the frames, and most frames are different between models.....across the board.

·
Registered
47 Posts
he was asking about the pegs only. many models do share the same pegs. heck, using buell pegs is a popular mod for numerous bikes for comfort.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My bad....I misread and was thinking the complete rearset assembly.
I'm a sportbike racer of over 20 yrs, so I was using my crash and parts damage/replace experience as basis.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found some slightly used Buell footpegs on Ebay and ordered a pair (will let you know) how they work. I also went to the Gilroy Motorcycle Center and looked at some new and used GXrrrrrrrrrrs (my guess is their footpegs would fit my 2016 Gsx s1000)...Soooooo I'm going to be the 'test pilot' and order a pair of the 40mm extended from MC-MOTOPARTS...wish me luck...I love my new (sure wish my knees were new) bike; it's great for puttin' around the backroads and taking photos. PEACE RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
48 Posts
Please keep us posted. I'm sure other year and model Suzuki's will work. Just need to find out which ones. I also have the Buell pegs on my Busa. They work great.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So I pulled one of the Buell pegs off the Busa to see if it would fit. As I suspected, it fits perfect. For those looking for some extra knee room, this mod will do the trick.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts