GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope that there will be some sort of windscreens for the new S1000. I may be in the market for one in the future but since I ride mostly rural fast backroads, some sort of wind protection is important to me. Of course I want to wait and see what the S1000 T is all about too.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,882 Posts
Here is one I've found but still waiting to see what comes out.
Puig

Reactions: Rusty

·
Registered
860 Posts
Of course there will be, same as every other naked bike on the market.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Hi guys
I made my own can send pics I used a full screen from a 08 vfr800. cut the shape to compliment the lines of the fairing of the s.
Cheers Chris

·
Registered
392 Posts
Installing a widescreen on your motorcycle creates a big drag force. This defeats the purpose of being a "naked motorcycle".
I love the wind hitting me, it keeps me cool, gives me a nice feeling like flying, lots of excitement, lots of smiles, etc.
I just lay down my chest in top of the tank, lower my head, tuck my legs around the thank a hit 130 ~ 140 mph, great feeling.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
"Big drag force",,,WTF? That's so funny.what total BS buddy.and that's a real comfortable riding position laying down behind the tank(not)try doing that for 3 hour ride.

·
Registered
392 Posts
"Big drag force",,,WTF? That's so funny.what total BS buddy.and that's a real comfortable riding position laying down behind the tank(not)try doing that for 3 hour ride.
3 hrs ride @ 130 ~ 140 mph straight? Who in their right mind would do that in this type of bike? I would take a plane or ride a Honda Gold Wing, but never my GSXS1000.
The longest trip that I have done on my GSXS1000 is about 45 min. It would kill me to ride 3 hrs straight on this bike regardless of any modification.
However, @ 65 ~ 70 MPH is not a big deal.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
3 hrs ride @ 130 ~ 140 mph straight? Who in their right mind would do that in this type of bike? I would take a plane or ride a Honda Gold Wing, but never my GSXS1000.
The longest trip that I have done on my GSXS1000 is about 45 min. It would kill me to ride 3 hrs straight on this bike regardless of any modification.
However, @ 65 ~ 70 MPH is not a big deal.
Duh!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts