GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added the unthinkable, a windscreen.

Puig new generation dark smoke. Kind of a pain to line up the 4 screws. Off set Allen key is the answer for the two bottom screws on the bracket. Took a quick little ride to dinner on it last night. Left at 50 degrees, rode home it was 37 degrees. I run gerbing heated jacket and gloves under a Roadcrafter so wasn’t so bad. Screen does take the pressure off your torso area.

Not bad

4 screws and remove the well nuts and it’s naked for summer of that ever gets here.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yep that's the one to have, I also use a small tank bag like yours for every day use.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Mine is an Oxford magnetic, quite old don't think they make it now.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Added the unthinkable, a windscreen.
For Shame!!!

I run gerbing heated jacket and gloves under a Roadcrafter
Not to get too far off tangent here, you've not had any problems with this? Sporty bikes usually don't have a lot of excess electricity production so I've not done this. An hour or so with heated jacket and pants would depleat my old FZ1. I run my gerbings on the FJR with no problems, but haven't bothered hooking up the GSX-S yet as I'm worried about it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For Shame!!!

Not to get too far off tangent here, you've not had any problems with this? Sporty bikes usually don't have a lot of excess electricity production so I've not done this. An hour or so with heated jacket and pants would depleat my old FZ1. I run my gerbings on the FJR with no problems, but haven't bothered hooking up the GSX-S yet as I'm worried about it.
No problem what so ever. I have a Gerbing jacket, vest and gloves. I know jacket is like 77 watts and I think the gloves are 25 watts or so. Never a issue. In fact I usually plug my bike into the battery tender once I get it in its parking spot and the tender always goes green no different than if I wasn't running the electrics.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not sure how I pulled this off but bought the Suzuki Bking Puig screen a few weeks ago on Amazon for $40!
Just clicked on the same link today and it’s now $158. Maybe they goofed up?
Anyway, it’s a slightly different look but works very well but you have to make your own mounting hardware since it doesn’t fit our bikes.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts