GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. Currently have a 2003 Hayabusa With lots of ST mods, but have been admiring the new 1000F since its intro here. Just wanted to see what was up with this new model.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Owned one for over a year. I personally have not had any issues

The fueling seems to be an issue for some but as stated no issues here at all
The tires from factory are not so good but they do the job and wear very quickly i think i replace mine at just over 3500km
some issues reported with Traction control button sticking but seems not to effect everyone.
There is an issue where the front pannel in front of the tank can get scrached if your not super cairful during the service because its a bit of a pain to remove and refit this is worth checking should when you get the service done.

The bike is worth the asking price and i am happy with it. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi @Myopic,

Coming from a 2008 Hayabusa, I can say the GSXS is a fun bike. The GSXS shows off its lightness with its ease of changing direction and adjusting in a turn, brakes haul ass once you've swapped to some better pads and the acceleration is rapid. You can really enjoy the thing. The bike is great value for money, and a typical Suzuki, so should last a nuclear holocaust. My personal compairson is that the GSXS keeps egging you on to behave badly, whereas the Hayabusa is the consumate GT. Also of note, I did go to the naked version. The guys on here with the faired version rave about its touring abilities.

The only thing that is lacking in comparison is that wonderful thrust of torque from the 'Busa. I'm seriously contemplating selling a kidney or a child so I can put either a 1200cc kit in or add a turbo to get that feeling back. In something as light as the GSXS, it would be a riot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts