GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike covers are starting to make their way onto the bikes. Except the dirtbike, this time of year until next spring when the heat hits is it’s time of year right now.

GSX cover has not made it yet since I just rode the GSX this past weekend in the low 80s. Today it’s in the mid 50s and rainy.

Not a big fan of winter.

·
Registered
980 Posts
You hibernate in MS? I'll ride during the winter if the roads are dry and not salted. Just not long rides if it's very cold. The V-strom will definitely get more miles with the great windscreen, Barkbusters and heated grips.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
You hibernate in MS? I'll ride during the winter if the roads are dry and not salted. Just not long rides if it's very cold. The V-strom will definitely get more miles with the great windscreen, Barkbusters and heated grips.
Here in Utah, I don't really call it hibernation, but we can easily get a month+ where you can't ride, so my routine is...
1) Change oil and lube chain late in the season, because you know the inevitable is coming.
2) Start putting Stabil+ in the tank (like I did last fillup).
3) I used to keep the battery on a smart-charger too, but I swapped it for a Shorai that's LiFePo.
I'm thinking the discharge rate is low enough, that I don't bother doing that now. I had one on my last bike and it did fine over two winters. We'll see how this one holds out.
4). There is no 4...
Sometimes I feel like my whole life is just a bunch of little experiments. ;)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I do on street bikes. I hate cold weather. I rip on the dirt bike every dry chance I get during winter. It is just no fun riding in the cold and wet of winter on a street bike even with Gerbing heated gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts