GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
It’s the way of the future. Screw the people for every dime they have. In Canada it will be the speed camera for generating revenue. An easy way for cities to gather money to make up for their deficits.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We are killing the planet by overpopulation, and slowly killing ourselves, and those are UN scientific facts, ........................we should be no more than 1 billion, and 3 billion is the break even point. Now we are reaching 8 billion, .. depleting the resources of this planet, faster they can be renewed..................and we are the only species that takes what it wants, not what it needs......do the math.

.....................the trouble is; humans ignoring the real disease, won't address the problem and instead go with band aids to treat the symptoms, which even though help slow down the destruction,...... won't stop it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a game of cat and mouse. The software wizards will find a way to fool the tester.
Or they do like they are to diesel tuners and fine them for offering tuning/deleting services

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
Or they do like they are to diesel tuners and fine them for offering tuning/deleting services

That seems the most logical route. Hurrah for the government. They always have our best interests at heart.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The EU with Euro 5 have mandated that any mod to a sensor circuit will throw check-engine and ECUs are locked. The arms race to bypass will start again - i wonder what the aftermarket will do. I guess CA are doing much the same as the EU.

·
Registered
187 Posts
This doesn't surprise me in the least. California's ultra-restrictive standards on emissions (and any performance modifications in general to motor vehicles) are just the tip of the (massive and ever growing) iceberg when it comes to limiting the freedom of the people living there. I'd move to Tijuana before EVER considering living in that state. It's no wonder so many people are packing up and moving their families and businesses out of that place.

As for Dano's, I hope this doesn't have too much of a negative impact on him. Hopefully, the out of state customers seeking mail-in flashes, combined with the other services he offers, will be enough to keep him going. Unlike California lawmakers, I really dislike seeing small businesses harmed by things like this. This is just another way for them to generate revenue for the state by imposing fines on those who choose to modify THEIR cars and bikes via ECU tuning. 😠

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
News flash guys !! California doesn't smog inspect motorcycles only cars thankfully.
To me it's still the writing on the wall that they will restrict people or fine them for offering those services. In another thread. Someone stated that danos was saying he might close up shop and be forced to find another job because of California laws. It's funny, so many people are worried about smog and vehicle emissions, yet everyone is so excited that two companies will be offering flights to space. How much fuel does that burn?

·
Registered
41 Posts
That CA doesnt smog check bikes is less relevant imho. Here in the UK bikes are not 'smog' checked (emissions sampled at annual mot) unlike cars. But that ECU locking is mandatory and that the sensor circuits will not be able to be bypassed or false signals used spells the end of a lot of process for tuning bikes.

It's a hard reality about the direction [and limited product future] of IC equipped vehicles.

·
Registered
392 Posts
But this is for cars only. Motorcycles are not required to pass a smog check.

I was going to get the bike tuned by danos since it's finally running good, but now I am concerned that if I have issues with the reflash or change the mods, who will flash it.
You can always buy a second stock ECU and use it to pass a test only.
Better yet, you don't have to register your bike ever again. Good luck to the police to stop you. Anyways, in California there are many illegal things going on.

I have a friend that never got a motorcycle driver license, never registered his bike, never got insurance and will never get stopped by police. He says, this is the whole purpose to riding a motorcycle, you are free of everything. Kind of the one who buys a Travel Trailer to avoid paying rent. There are thousands of these in Los Angeles.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts