GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
The EU with Euro 5 have mandated that any mod to a sensor circuit will throw check-engine and ECUs are locked. The arms race to bypass will start again - i wonder what the aftermarket will do. I guess CA are doing much the same as the EU.
While these top politicians travel in their private jets because their delicate ash cannot travel in a regular commercial plane. Excuse me, these assh-holes can contaminate the environment with their private jet, their V8, V10, V12, V16 but I cannot ride freely my 1000 cc bike?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess that having the cat bypassed is also a big fail.

Rob.
In the UK the bike must be sold by law with a cat, our yearly MOT test does not require a cat, i wonder how long that will stay the same. My bike has had the cat removed when i bought it, so i found a second hand set of downpipes and cat for £100 just in case. If it ever changes then the cat will be like hens teeth to find. Suzuki list them new for around £1600.00

·
Registered
41 Posts
In the UK the bike must be sold by law with a cat, our yearly MOT test does not require a cat, i wonder how long that will stay the same. My bike has had the cat removed when i bought it, so i found a second hand set of downpipes and cat for £100 just in case. If it ever changes then the cat will be like hens teeth to find. Suzuki list them new for around £1600.00
I speak frequently to a motorcycle MOT guy. The odds of emissions being tested remains low (the bike MOT hasnt had price rises in line with inflation and the purchase of kit to test emissions cannot easily be recouped due to the low volume of bikes on the road [exhaust gas analyser £thousands]), but - it is a real but - they could bring in a visual check for a cat being in place or it being tampered. The likelihood of this is also low, but due to the negligible additional capital cost for Class 1 test centres, it may well happen at some point. It's why i wouldnt and people shouldnt cut and shut the original exhaust - buy a spare if your go down that route.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts