GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Wont start,overheated?.

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Gixus 
#1 ·
Pulled up outside work this morning,
went to resstart bike everything lit up like a xmas tree bike turned over didn't want to start.leave it alone for an hour and a bit came out to have another crack at starting it ,bike started up no trouble.any ideas guys this ones got me a bit concerned that it might happen again.

#6 ·
Sounds like the battery might be on it's way out. How old is it and do you keep it on a battery conditioner?
Older or tired batteries often can't give out optimal power when they have just come off a charge cycle (like riding to work or after a run). Once they have cooled down they start to work again as they should.
It might not be but its an easy place to start. Other starting problems have been traced to clogged fuel filters or fuel pump

#16 ·
A friend of mine is an electrician. He tests his spark plugs every 12000 kilometres. Didn’t need to change the plugs on his 2000 R1 until it had 45000 kilometres on it. Seems to me when iridium plugs will last until 100000 kilometres in a car, they should last in a bike at least 20000 without a problem. Rare as it is I’d say you had a defective plug.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.