• Disable PAIR Valve
  • Disable Exhaust Valve
  • ECU Mode
  • Woolich Racing AutoTune
  • Real Time Engine Data

·
Registered
974 Posts
That is good news BUT one problem is there are no maps available to download so unless you really know what you are doing its no good and when a map does become available is it any good and by who, maybe the map from dynojet can be be translated into the grid for fueling but what do you do with the rest of the available info, ideally we need someone to not only break into the ECU but build us the ideal tune.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had good luck with a PCV. Search for my post I have a video in there. Made me love the bike on another level. Gonna wife her :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely. I emailed woolich and asked if it comes with a tune etc. the short version is use the auto tune or take it to a shop. Nice to have more options but I agree it would be much better if there was a known good map to use that had been put together by someone who knows their stuff. Personally I'm leaning towards getting the auto tune but I'll be putting money towards new tires and suspension first since I've already got a bazzaz and a TRE. A flash tune from someone who knows their stuff and has put the time into some R&D would be ideal though.

That is good news BUT one problem is there are no maps available to download so unless you really know what you are doing its no good and when a map does become available is it any good and by who, maybe the map from dynojet can be be translated into the grid for fueling but what do you do with the rest of the available info, ideally we need someone to not only break into the ECU but build us the ideal tune.

·
Registered
305 Posts
WRT software is intended for enthusiasts (like me) :) and tuning shops.
For "end users" that wants "smooth" throttle respons and basic tune, any tuner with any time of hardware (PowerCommander, Bazzazz, RapidBike..) is *the* option to choose.
Even for an entusiast (like me) :) the only really good option is to hire time at an experienced tuner that can use the WRT software to make the best possible tune for all TPS<->rpm cells (in a fuel map).
For my part, the ability to log engine data, and to do tuning myself, is reason enough to choose WRT over "piggyback" solution.
My RapidBike EVO is about to go to eBay soon, even though I am happy with this device so far.
But, no "real" solution for me, as ECU (re)flash is the way to go for me.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Looks like WRT has a 2-day verification period before you can sign in and download their software to take a peek.

It's priced just barely above the FTECU software but seems to have a few more features.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Absolutely. I emailed woolich and asked if it comes with a tune etc. the short version is use the auto tune or take it to a shop. Nice to have more options but I agree it would be much better if there was a known good map to use that had been put together by someone who knows their stuff. Personally I'm leaning towards getting the auto tune but I'll be putting money towards new tires and suspension first since I've already got a bazzaz and a TRE. A flash tune from someone who knows their stuff and has put the time into some R&D would be ideal though.

There is a fantastic map out there... made by German Tuner called Brix...
with velocity stacks it made 160 HP on the Backwheel
cost for the flash is 150€
and 140 for stacks

you wont stop smiling after you have it done :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
There is a fantastic map out there... made by German Tuner called Brix...
with velocity stacks it made 160 HP on the Backwheel
cost for the flash is 150€
and 140 for stacks

you wont stop smiling after you have it done :)
Wow. Got any more info on that? Dyno graph? Link to the stacks?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wow. Got any more info on that? Dyno graph? Link to the stacks?
Long thread in the German GSX1000S board.
The person in question - "Brix" - was active in that thread.
As soon as someone argued with him/"talked back", he did "forum-harakiri".
I have been in contact with him for info about/buy hardware for doing flash of ECU.
He will only sell ECU "pre-flashed" or do "mail send in service" (you send in your ECU and get it returned with a "brix-map").
He surely knows his stuff.

Edit:
I wonder where he gets his ECU's from, which he sells flashed with his custom maps.
The price is about the same as buying a new(spare) ECU from Suzuki. Good price considering the work behind making the custom map.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Long thread in the German GSX1000S board.
The person in question - "Brix" - was active in that thread.
As soon as someone argued with him/"talked back", he did "forum-harakiri".
I have been in contact with him for info about/buy hardware for doing flash of ECU.
He will only sell ECU "pre-flashed" or do "mail send in service" (you send in your ECU and get it returned with a "brix-map").
He surely knows his stuff.

Edit:
I wonder where he gets his ECU's from, which he sells flashed with his custom maps.
The price is about the same as buying a new(spare) ECU from Suzuki. Good price considering the work behind making the custom map.
Jeebus. I'm not up for buying a whole new ecu. What about the velocity stacks?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
ideally we need someone to not only break into the ECU but build us the ideal tune.
That can't happen. The problem is, each bike will require a slightly different map to get the perfect set up. All these generic types of maps are good for is approx a 90% tune.
Dyno tune also say this about their maps on their website too. I'm not sure how far the auto tune setup will get you along this path but I would imagine it's slightly better again.
A custom map for your individual set up ( and yes you will have to re customise it every time you make a change to the setup) Is still the best way to get the ideal setup. That last 10% makes a big difference in my opinion. It doesn't matter which you go for, ECU flash or PC, chances are they still won't be quite right. Go the custom route and you will be truly satisfied. Don't waste your money on half a job;)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Beaker, I played with an auto tune two summers back. What you said is very accurate and well thought out.

Our brains love "different" and are very susceptible to suggestion. Proof might be that plug in product. Its simple to prove that its not correct for this application, yet......

The problem is you really need a dyno to prove your results. I like that 90% figure you gave, but when you start trying to tune in that remaining 10%, its very tough to feel. Especially when you dont get 10% all at once. When you start adding or subtracting 2 point s from a dynojet table, good luck feeling it.

Auto tune was interesting, and I would recommend one just for the entertainment factor, but its far from the answer, based on itself.

The difficult part, with auto tune, is the fuel tables. Dynojet does furnish some, but the origin of the table is based on some tuners opinion who may or may not value the same thigns I do.

I think the secret to a generic tune is much like suspension tuning. I believe the compromises, or mistakes, in the stock bike set up are so obvious, its very easy to make better, and to get a person to that 90% level.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I think the secret to a generic tune is much like suspension tuning. I believe the compromises, or mistakes, in the stock bike set up are so obvious, its very easy to make better, and to get a person to that 90% level.
Thanks RCannon, much appreciated.

I love this analogy btw. I might just have to steel at at some time. Top of the class:D

·
Registered
974 Posts
ideally we need someone to not only break into the ECU but build us the ideal tune.
That can't happen. The problem is, each bike will require a slightly different map to get the perfect set up. All these generic types of maps are good for is approx a 90% tune.
Dyno tune also say this about their maps on their website too. I'm not sure how far the auto tune setup will get you along this path but I would imagine it's slightly better again.
A custom map for your individual set up ( and yes you will have to re customise it every time you make a change to the setup) Is still the best way to get the ideal setup. That last 10% makes a big difference in my opinion. It doesn't matter which you go for, ECU flash or PC, chances are they still won't be quite right. Go the custom route and you will be truly satisfied. Don't waste your money on half a job
Thanks Beaker
Sorry I probably didn't explain myself correctly and it would be nice just to have someone setup a fuel and timing maps and whatever could be done with the rest of the options just to improve what can be improved generically for everyone's bike so it would at least be worth purchasing as currently it would only be good for the experts with a dyno

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I'm with you now.
I was thinking more along the lines of if you were going to spend your money on a flash or a pc why not spend a little more and get the job done properly.

Suzuki could have done a better job, there is no doubting that. Actually you could say that about all the manufacturers. If they did their job perfectly all the time all the tuners would be out of a job. Same with suspension or brakes.. It's all done to a price. If you want more than the manufacturers are offering that's when all the aftermarket kit comes in and you can go off and spend until your hearts content (if not your wallet ;¬) )

·
Registered
333 Posts
woolich? still waiting an answer about my cb1000 since november 2015
not serious people

·
Registered
305 Posts
woolich? still waiting an answer about my cb1000 since november 2015
not serious people
Still wasteing energy about something you cannot do anything about? :)

I did not waste another second on this "Brix" guy as soon as I understood he was not to about to offer me a flash-kit with support (bin) for the GSXS.

BTW and ref another thread in this forum:
FT have also come up with interface/support for the GSXS (I have ordered that too).
They do not offer support for your CB1000R or any Honda for that matter.
Seems like "mail-in service" is the only option for your model. :(

1 - 20 of 43 Posts