GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Gentlemen,

after reading your arguments in my other topic about flashing, you convinced me to buy the Woolich interface.
The installation of the harness is done, interface firmware refresh done, also first read without any problems.
In general I'm satisfied with the hardware, and also with the software, I had minor problems getting my access to Woolich registered, and getting the correct harness installation manual; if I had to make the same decision, I would also decide for the Woolich interface.
BUT... the MapShare is very disappointing... maybe I made something wrong, I also subscribed to MapShares, but I see in the section GSX-S1000 only 6 maps... I've red, that hundreds of GSX-S1000(F) owners uses this Woolich solution... but only six are using MapShare?
Would you please take some minutes for typing to share your experience about MapShares for me.
Thank you very much in advance!

Regards

Toni

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
BUT... the MapShare is very disappointing... maybe I made something wrong, I also subscribed to MapShares, but I see in the section GSX-S1000 only 6 maps... I've red, that hundreds of GSX-S1000(F) owners uses this Woolich solution... but only six are using MapShare?
Would you please take some minutes for typing to share your experience about MapShares for me.
Thank you very much in advance!

Regards

Toni
Although lots of people with the GSX-S have had woolich flashes most of them seem to have been done by 3rd Party Tuners, and these guys charge customers for their expertise in tuning and are unwilling to give away their Maps for free.

That just leaves those of us who are tuning their own bikes to add to the Mapshares, and I don't want to put my Maps in Mapshare until I have it 100% perfect, (almost there just a bit jerky occasionally below 4% throttle). As soon as I am 100% happy I will share my Maps

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did you go with the Autotune option?
I don't have anyone nearby that does dyno with Woolich so went with the autotune option.

I did put a mapshare up but there are so many variables to the tune like fuel, elevation, temperature and what aftermarket parts you are running, I am dubious to use any other maps.

Unfortunately I can't see a way to remove the map I previously shared.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is there a decent map for a stock bike floating around?
see if you can find a Mk2 ECU version map on the Woolich site and copy the fuel tables to your existing map.
I noticed some considerable changes between the original and Mk2 fuel maps.
You won't be able to write the Mk2 map unless you have a Mk2 ECU but you can copy data from the tables

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
see if you can find a Mk2 ECU version map on the Woolich site and copy the fuel tables to your existing map.
I noticed some considerable changes between the original and Mk2 fuel maps.
You won't be able to write the Mk2 map unless you have a Mk2 ECU but you can copy data from the tables
What do you mean by a Mk2, I can see very small differences between the early ECUs and the replacement ECUs, or do you mean the 2018 bikes which have a completely different ECU.

·
Registered
82 Posts
What do you mean by a Mk2, I can see very small differences between the early ECUs and the replacement ECUs, or do you mean the 2018 bikes which have a completely different ECU.
By Mk2 I mean the replacement ones supplied by Suzuki.
The Woolich stock maps have some significant fueling changes in the cruising range which was the fix Suzuki did for the surging / hunting problem.
From memory (as i'm not at my own PC and cant check) the second to last digit on the ECU id goes to 3 from 0 e.g. original is 01 Mk2 is 31.

I guess the extent of the change would be how bad the fueling was on the original ECU. As we all now know there were different maps for the different markets

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
By Mk2 I mean the replacement ones supplied by Suzuki.
The Woolich stock maps have some significant fueling changes in the cruising range which was the fix Suzuki did for the surging / hunting problem.
From memory (as i'm not at my own PC and cant check) the second to last digit on the ECU id goes to 3 from 0 e.g. original is 01 Mk2 is 31.

I guess the extent of the change would be how bad the fueling was on the original ECU. As we all now know there were different maps for the different markets

I was comparing 50 and 51, and 30 and 31 and could see very little change but if as you say Woolich corrected on their maps then i wouldn't see any change - but Woolich said to me that their maps are exactly what comes from the ECU with no changes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes but Suzuki have provided replacement ECU's with revised fueling under warranty.

Woolich have the maps for the revised ECU's so what I am saying is copy the fuel maps from the revised ECU to the bin file for the original ECU.

·
Registered
719 Posts
so to through in my 2 cents.... I recently went from a USA 2016 to a usa 2018. My 2016 had been driven with stock ecu, stock with power commander and with a fully flashed ecu. My first thought when driving the 2018 was how much more similar the new bike's fueling is the 2016 with a reflashed ecu.

Forgot how much I hate the stock rear shock though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you won't see a big difference in the fueling maps, because the 32920-0K30 ecu software was controlled with closed loop. The software on the replacement ecu 32920-04K31 is different, it uses open loop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts