GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've decated bike and got k&n air filter, bike is going quite well!
Im thinking of dyno tuning bike, my question to you is what advantages does a woolich tune do over a just a dyno tune?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Your post is a bit confusing as a woolich tune can also be a dyno tune....

The best and ideal situation is to get the bike dyno tuned using Woolich Racing software.

A dyno tune will optimise a tune to suit your bike, and hopefully you, that tune needs to be applied to the bike and the 2 methods are a piggy back system such as a Power Commander or flash the ECU using software such as Woolich was has a number of advantages such as more features and less to go wrong.

The alternative is just Townsend your ECU away for a generic tune using a re-flash.

Hope this makes sense

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info buddy, yes i get it now.
In your opinion do you think it's worth spending the money for woolich dyno tune? My bike is pretty smooth, no snatchy throttle... is there much hp gain?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Thanks for the info buddy, yes i get it now.
In your opinion do you think it's worth spending the money for woolich dyno tune? My bike is pretty smooth, no snatchy throttle... is there much hp gain?

Your bike is decatted and K&N so with a decent tune you will get a large gain in both torque and Bhp - In my opinion definitely worth it, just got mine dynoed and will be posting the dyno charts tomorrow hopefully

·
Registered
59 Posts
Woolich tune is the way to go, got mine done and now has 155 bhp at the rear wheel, best of all though its super smooth and pulls like a train
Very encouraging. What exhaust system is on the bike and did you change out the air filter. And can that really make much of a difference. I'd just like to do away with the top of the box and put individual filters on. Maybe then I could hear the intake.

·
Registered
29 Posts
At time of tune it had an Akrapovic exhaust on, K&N filter fitted, Paul at Dyno Bike is a very respected tuner who tunes bikes for TT racers, so i have no doubt the RWHP is not inflated, woolich software is the way to go if u want really usable power

1 - 8 of 8 Posts